RESULTS FOR 11-15
Hernandez Wins Race and Championship
by Jake Wilson
Coming into tonight’s season finale for the Desoto Pro Trucks, Palmetto's Nick Hernandez and Bradenton's Danny Anderson were locked in the tightest points race in all of Desoto Speedway's classes. Hernandez led Anderson by just one single point after the drop. The night started off great for Danny Anderson as he put his #50 Truck on pole with the fast lap in qualifying. Hernandez was close behind posting the 2nd fastest time. After the Nine truck field was inverted, Anderson and Hernndez led a charge through the field. Hernandez would take over first on lap six with Anderson close behind in 2nd.
Nick Hernandez, who competes in a number of divisions here at Desoto Speedway had already been to victory lane earlier tonight when he picked up the win in the 25 lap Sun Belt Rentals of Ft.Myers Street Stock feature event, was looking to claim the Pro Truck Championship. Nick used the high line as he often does to work to the front and once he got there he would not relinquish the lead. Nick Hernandez picks up the victory and by a margin of just two points claimed the Track Championship. Danny Anderson battled hard but was denied victory and finished off a great season with a runner up finish in the race tonight, as well as the championship. Sarasota's Dennis Colletti was 3rd.
In other action tonight the Desoto Wingless Sprints were in action for 40 laps. Brooksville's Jason Kimball and Tampa's Dave Steele claimed heat race victories earlier on and looked to carry that over to the feature. Both cars were fast, but none faster than Kimball. He would dominate the race leading nearly the whole race and would take the checkered flag to score the win. St. Pete's Sport Allen took 2nd and Dave Steele finished 3rd.
Another championship was decided as Parrish's Duane Best won the LKQ Pick Your Part Pure Stock 20 lap feature and the 2014 Track Championship holding off his brother Sarasota's Jimmie Best and Palmetto's Chad Cummings who took 2nd and 3rd respectfully in the race as well as the championship.
Desoto Bomber class had a big race on tap with a 40 lap featured event that saw Brandon Duechscherer set fast time but would start in the six spot after the invert. The 58 of Larry Welter Jr started outside of pole sitter Aaron Holmes, both drivers from Auburndale, to set the field and Welter would lead the first twenty laps. It was a close battle between Welter and Josh Todd in the 75, while Duchscherer was battling to pass Jeff Firestine in the third and fourth spots. After a restart with ten to go Duchsherer would take over the lead and go on to win the featured event followed by Larry Welter Jr second and Jeff Firestine was third. After a protest in tech by the third place car, first and second were DQed which turned the win over to Firestine, Holmes second and Kenny Gibson third.
Savannah Skaggs of Cape Coral started her third race in the Mini Stock class starting from the rear of the field for this fifteen lap feature. Skaggs battled veteran drivers Ronnie Robinson and Randy Johnson for the entire race and was able to complete a last lap pass to take the win crossing the stripe first. Skaggs had to forfeit the win as she knew starting the race she could not use radios which turned the win over to Bradenton’s Ronnie Robinson who also won the mini stock track championship. Other winners this evening included Mason Cassidy in the Rookie 4's, Nick Hernandez won the Sunbelt Rentals of Ft. Myers Street Stock feature.
Next week November 22nd Desoto Speedway wraps up it's 2014 Racing season with their always popular Crash and Bash night which will consist of 4 Monster Trucks. The Monster Truck show features outrageous jumps, crushed cars and Jimmy Creten driving the Bounty Hunter attempting the first back flip on this Florida tour. Other trucks will be the -Scarlet Bandit with Dawn Creten,
-Knucklehead with Nate Kirchner 2 time 2014 winner
-Iron Outlaw with Wauchula’s Todd Morey coming off his first win in Denver
Along with the 4 monster trucks it is CRASH N BASH NIGHT starting at 7
CRASH N BASH NIGHT includes a Demolition Derby, Enduros, Road Course, Flag Pole and more.
Bring your friends, neighbors and family for a night of excitement that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Front gates open Saturday at 4:30
come early to meet with the Monster truck drivers from 5:30 to 7 for an autograph session.
1. 79 Jason Kimble Brooksville
2. 88 Sport Allen St. Pete
3. 2 Dave Steele Tampa
4. 1 Ty DeCaire Tampa
5. 84 Ernie Teed Sarasota
6. 9 Matt Alfonso Tampa
7. 92 Dave Retzlaff Brooksville
8. 99 Nick Snyder Marco
9. 22 Johnny Gilbertson Dover
10. 14 Rickie Corr Plant City
11. 4 Geoff Snyder Cape Coral
12. 15 Troy Thompson Brooksville
13. 11 Brian Riddell Thonotosassa
14. 41 Ray Bragg Tampa
15. 2x Todd Donaldson Mulberry
16. 3 Travis Bliemeister Venice
17. 63 Yent Carlie Tampa
1. 37 Nick Hernandez Palmetto
2. 50 Danny Anderson Bradenton
3. 4 Dennis Colletti Sarasota
4. 98 Cody Benoit Buckingham
5. 1 Tyler Lau Bradenton
6. 09 Tommy Caveney Mulberry
7. 99 Cody Martell Old Myakka
8. 5 Richard Griffis West Palm
9. 51x Jason Kuykendall Port Charlotte
1. 45 Nick Hernandez Bradenton
2. 27 John Heidenthal Myakka
3. 6 James Nanny Bradenton
4. 77 Jason Kuykendall Port Charlotte
5. 80 Richard Nelson Port Charlotte
6. 64 Dave Bowman Bradenton
7. 57 Jim Brenner Sarasota
8. 98 Jarrett Cornell Cape Coral
9. 91 Ander Jackson Punta Gorda
10. 7 Blain Baer Port Charlotte D.Q.
11. 86 John Sarppraicone Bradenton D.Q.
1. 3 Duane Best Parrish
2. 67 Jimmie Best Sarasota
3. 80x Chad Cummings Palmetto
4. 29 Brad Tindell Sarasota
5. 36x James Widner Myakka City
6. 63 Mark Petty Venice
7. 44 Rick Hess Englewood
8. 98 Logan Leonard Cape Coral
1. 05 Ronnie Robinson Bradenton
2. 28 Eric Daniels Bradenton
3. 67 Jimmie Best Sarasota
4. 99 Johnny Marra Port Charlotte
5. 3 Sherry Best Myakka
6. 008 Ren Wright Jr. St. Pete
7. 71 Savannah Skaggs Cape Coral D.Q. finished 1st
1. 1 Jeff Firestine Venice
2. 57 Aaron Holmes Auburndale
3. 23 Kenny Gibson Venice
4. 85 Larry Welter Sr. Bronson
5. 10 Tristan Collins North Port
6. 15 Clint Snyder North Port
7. 79 Preston Warren Aburndale
8. 75 Josh Todd Polk City
9. 4+ Jody Gill Auburndale
10. 19 Sheri Krom Sarasota
11. 4 Jeff Webster Zephyrhills D.N.S.
12. 42 Bubba Edwards Auburndale D.N.S.
13. 23x Brandon Duchscherer Auburndale D.Q.
14. 58 Larry Welter Jr. Williston D. Q.
1. 67 MasonCassidy Bradenton
2. 7 Kristen Milthaler North Port
3. 68 Jesse Heidenthal D.Q.
1. 57 Brian Sherer
2. 66 David Harp
3. 77 Phil Harp
4. 10 Darin Coker
5. 3 Rance Williams
6. 02 Bo Collier
7. 81 A.J. Isbister D.Q.
Race Cars of Yesterday
1. 4p (Message edited by Florida_Cracker On 11/17/2014 6:28 AM)