User Name  Password
Welcome to the
Village of Elmshade




MAIN BOARDS
  • Out of Character
  • Freeform
  • Open Participation
  • Narrated
  • Moderated Participation
  • MEMBER AREA
  • Questions (Start Here)
  • Characters (Look Here)
  • Map Overview
  • Roleplaying Resources
  • Partner Roleplaying Sites
  • ELMSHADE ARCHIVES
  • Old MSN Group

  • CONTACT MANAGERS
  • Arienne

  • Ohberon  Email  Post

  • Today | Join | Member | Search | Who's On | Chat Room | Photos | Help | Shop | Sign In | | | | Follow Aimoo_Com on Twitter
    Title: Archive ~ Starsinger Tower ~
    Hop to: 
    Views:1170     
    New Topic New Poll
    <<Previous ThreadNext Thread>>
    Page 1 / 9    
    AuthorComment
    Arienne
     Author    



    Posts: 429

    (Date Posted:11/25/2008 7:55 PM)
    Share to: Facebook Twitter MSN linkedin google yahoo

    From: MSN NicknameArienne_Starsinger  (Original Message)Sent: 1/10/2005 5:05 PM

    Starsinger Tower was a lot larger on the inside than it appeared from the outside. The sturdy, squat, dark steel building looked as if it were designed by dwarves. This was in fact, the truth. The sixty foot high tower itself was not ornate, and didn't boast any fancy stonework or bas relief carvings, but was very similar to a plain chesspiece known as a Rook. There were times that it didn't even appear to have any windows or arrow slits, though they were present. Usually, the only visible opening was a set of wide, banded, black steel double doors without any type of doorbell or knocker. 
     
    From outside, one could glimpse the four, black steel gargoyles that perched on the tower's battlements, one facing each direction of the compass. The gargoyles were man-sized, and it looked as if they were each clad in fitted, adamantine armor. Woven in and out of the crenellations of the top of the tower was a long, black, snake-like thing. It was scaled and yet, had glossy black feathers, too. It ended in a very large, sharp-looking stinger...like one might discover at the end of a scorpion's tail. The end was swishing lazily over the roof's edge, dangling down about seven or eight feet. It actually belonged to Arienne's pet -- a Sithican wyvern named Spyke. Spyke had claimed the top of Starsinger Tower as his nest, and the elven maiden who lived there had no problem with that...he helped guard the outside and he was far too large to keep him inside, so the arrangement worked out well.
     
    When the double doors opened and one entered the grand hall of the Tower, it became apparent that the building was somehow magically enhanced or enchanted. The rooms soared and were filled with exotic red and black or black and violet tapestries. The main table was a solid slab of black marble, surrounded by black iron-worked chairs with red velvet cushions. Near the large main fireplace were a couple of low, glass and black iron end tables, separated by a long, low grey suede couch. In front of the couch was another glass and black iron coffee table. Two other doors marked where the kitchen and one of Arienne's study rooms was located. At regular points along the walls of the main room were sconces which held glowing, violet orbs of Fairie Fire.
    usertype:1

    --------------------------------------------------------------

    "Not all those who wander are lost..." ~ Tolkien

    Arienne
    Share to: Facebook Twitter MSN linkedin google yahoo 1# 



    Posts:429

    RE:Archive ~ Starsinger Tower ~
    (Date Posted:11/25/2008 7:56 PM)

    From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 1/10/2005 6:59 PM
    Viewsk knew the various, different sounds of Starsinger tower by heart, and every time the locks and bolts of the great entrance double doors undid themselves with heavy thuds and clunks, the beholder knew that his Mistress had returned. There wasn't much that Viewsk liked better than being around Arienne. The elf maiden had rescued and then befriended the beholder on an adventure in Lord Soth's realm of Sithicus. When she finally figured out a way to return to her own lands, she brought Viewsk with her and he agreed to stay with her in her tower as a guardian and friend. He heard the tumblers clunking and floated to the main hallway, waiting for his favorite Lady. "ARIENNNNNNNNE!" he greeted her with a wide, toothy grin as he saw her in the doorway. "Welllllcome hoooooooome."




    From: MSN NicknamemelchonSent: 1/11/2005 9:09 PM
     

     Leopold moved lightly about, ignoring the wounds that still marked his efforts against the pair of demons.  Bowing  lightly to the guardian of Sia's tower, he replied in a light and friendly tone.

    "Well, Master Viewsk, one can only hope that within such a civilized encursion into the hinterlands that the game of Diamondback is known to you?"


    From: MSN NicknameHiel-Sent: 1/16/2005 12:38 AM
    LOCATION: Starsinger Tower
    Kur'ai Galifrey, Arms Major of the Myth Drannor Akh'Velahr, Paladin of Torm  ~ ~ ~ The Paladin of Torm merely nods his understanding of the Elven Mages warning about her Guardian Eye Tyrant, and upon seeing one so closely again, barely twitches in reflex response toward drawing the Ary'Velhar'Kerym.  Kur'ai merely sets the palm of his hand on the pummel of the War Blade, awaiting direction from their Hostess.  The sight of the Beholder sparks an odd fact from his memory that he'd learned long ago from one of the ancient Elven Sages... the Beholders came from the same alien Twilight World as did the Grell, Aboleth and the Ithilid.  Lord Galifrey, feeling numb and slightly palsied from the aftermath of battle fervor, moves as carefully as his aching body will allow into the hallway, and quietly prays that the first stop would be a steaming hot bath to wash away the accummulated filth covering every inch of him in places he didn't want to contemplate. ~ ~ ~
    Kur'ai Galifrey
    Translation(‡†):
  • Current HP:  7 / 50; THAC0 = 14;
  • Saving Throw: NA;
  • Ability Score Check: NA;
  • AC: -1 [AC Base = 0 (damaged plate mail & dexterity), NO shield (elsewhere... the Pit Lord), -1 w/in Paladin's aura; penalties = DM Call];
  • Initiative: NA;
  • Actions/Attacks: NA;
  • Results/Damages: NA;
  • Total Damage (rolled): NA;
  • Active Powers: Standard Paladin;
  • From: MSN NicknamemelchonSent: 1/17/2005 10:06 AM
        The monk rocks lightly on the balls of his feet, hands folded within the volumous sleeves of his robe as he waits for a response from the guardian.

    usertype:1 tt= 0

    --------------------------------------------------------------

    "Not all those who wander are lost..." ~ Tolkien

    Arienne
    Share to: Facebook Twitter MSN linkedin google yahoo 2# 



    Posts:429

    RE:Archive ~ Starsinger Tower ~
    (Date Posted:11/25/2008 7:57 PM)

    From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 1/17/2005 8:52 PM
    Arienne gave Viewsk a small, measured smile when they all entered and led them into the main hall. "Hello, Viewsk. It's good to see you, too." Her mind was on a million different things. "Please have a seat," she said to the others in a tired but kind voice, indicating the large black marble table or the couches and chairs by the fireplace. "I will return shortly with some more healing potions. Mother, you know where everything is, please...everyone make yourself at home." The sylvan woman gently clasped her slim hands in front of her dark robes and then approached the fireplace. Arienne withdrew something from a pouch at her hourglass waist and with a few intoned arcane words, threw it into the hearth. The logs had already been set and immediately took the fire which sprang into existence at Arienne's bidding. Soon, the blaze became larger and started to put off a wonderful heat that would no doubt warm the entire room. Arienne briefly studied those gathered, then disappeared with a light step up the spiral stairs at the right of the large main hall.
     
    The beholder was observant enough to notice his mistress's mental state, but was delighted and distracted by the elder man who had entered with them. "MMMmmmmm," he grinned and bobbed to Leo. "Me likes to play gaaaaaames," he told him. "Me know maaaaaany games. Me know Diamondback. You want to plaaaaaaay Viewsk?" It was clear that the beholder was excited. His smaller eyes waved around like snakes in a snake charmer's basket and his main eye opened even wider. "Me plaaaaay. WE PLAAAAY. In the main roooooom." He liked Mother Siannodell, too, and floated by her, reaching out with a long tentacled eye to stroke her arm fondly. Then he noticed that she now only had one eye. "OOOooooooooooo, Siannodell get huuuuurt?" he asked her in his gravelly voice, his lips gnashing the way they always did when he was interested in something.
     
    "Yes, Viewsk," she replied, her right hand going up to rub lightly at the empty socket. "We were in a horrible fight at the Temple yesterday..." Had it really been only a day? The battle seemed to have taken weeks, and it had taken its toll on the lovely older woman. Viewsk's bottom lip came up in a mimicked pout that he had been practicing. "Me sorrrrrry, Siiiiiia." Viewsk's voice was genuine with care. "But it not so baaaaaad to only have one eyyyyyyyyye," he said and smiled largely. That made the High Priestess smile too, and she nodded, though her other eye watered some at her loss. "True enough, Viewsk."
     
    She stood by the main table and glanced at Leopold and Lord Galifrey. "Well, since Arienne will be back soon with potions and that kind of thing, how about something to eat?" Siannodell knew her way around a kitchen, and she had been to Arienne's tower enough to be comfortable in the mage's cooking area. "I'll go whip something up, you gentlemen just stay put and rest for the moment," she told them. Then she also disappeared, making her way through the kitchen door and letting it close behind her.
     
    As soon as the door snicked closed behind her, Sia rubbed away the tears in her left eye that had threatened to fall. She silently mourned the loss of her other eye, but tried to have faith that it fit into Mielikki's great plan, somehow. Perhaps she could replace it with a fake eye at some point. Maybe Arienne might know where to find such things, she thought. Then the sprightly older woman began to pull things from the cabinets and drawers, mentally ticking off things she would need to cook. Of all the wonders in Arienne's kitchen, the thing that Siannodell liked best of all was a small barrel that sat near the cold storage pantry. It was a barrel of ever-plentiful vegetables. The lovely cleric of Mielikki didn't understand the magic that made it work, but one had only to envision the vegetable that one needed, reach into the barrel, and voila! it would appear in one's hand! And it never seemed to get empty, though Sia didn't know how to open it to check. Instead, she simply accepted that the magic worked, and began to prepare a feast for all of them.

    From: Lita StarfireSent: 1/17/2005 11:23 PM
     
     Angel's Location: Outside Starsinger Tower

     Angel made haste to Starsinger tower, flying at an incredible speed.  She soon arrived since it wasn't a long flight from the Ivory Tower and landed just off the front entrance

    Angel studdied the tower before calling out
    "Mistress Arienne, I request permission to enter your tower, It is I Angel Stormcrow with a message for you."


    Angel waited for Arienne to grant her access, and it was as if the tower itself had heard her call.  The door swung open at the request of the trinity apprentence and she entered the tower looking for the beholder guard that stood there.  Like clockwork, Viewsk flew at Angel and was ready to attack her until he realized who it was. 
    "Missss Angellll, cccooommmee.."  He said as he led her to the main room.

    Angel followed Viewsk to the main room where she saw Mother Siaonnadell, the Monk, whom she hasn't met, and a tall elven stranger whom she has seen, but not met.  She looked at all of them and only reconizing Siaonnadell, she rushed to her.  " Mother Siaonnadell. " Angel bowed slightly in her presence.  " Where is Mistress Arienne?  I must tell her that Master Raven is awake, and for me to aid her in tending the wounded.  I brought my healers kit of potions for all if necessary."

    (tbc by Arienne or Siaonnadell)

    From: MSN NicknamemelchonSent: 1/20/2005 12:22 PM
     

     Leopold smiled broadly as he moved forward at the beholder's urgings.  Captivated by the scent of profit from the forthcoming game, the Monk nonetheless caught the disparate actions of his host.  When she returned, he would see what he could do to strengthen her spirit.

    Brushing off part of the table, he settled in with a calm, beneficient mask upon his face.  In a pleasant tone, he remarked.  "Do you have your own deck?  Or should we use mine?"

    From: MSN NicknameHiel-Sent: 1/23/2005 5:41 PM
    LOCATION: Starsinger Tower

    Kur'ai Galifrey, Arms Major of the Myth Drannor Akh'Velahr, Paladin of Torm ~ ~ ~ Kur'ai watches the Tel'Quessir Maiden gesture toward the table and chairs, and speak with the one-eyed Priestess before lighting a fire and leaving them alone. The Arms Major, not understanding her purpose for leaving, frowns his disapproval at this, and shakes his head, deciding to take matters into his own hands.  He catches a glimpse of the kitchen through which Siannodell had disappeared, and follows after her. ~ ~ ~

     ~ ~ ~ Entering the kitchen, the Elven Knight looks over the place, noting some of the things he'd need, and while the High Priestess fulfills her purpose, wordlessly starts collecting them.  A couple of pots to put over the kitchen fire to heat.  A cistern from which to draw water for the pots.  Several towels and wash cloths used for cleaning.  Once finished collecting what he needed, the ancient Grey Elf fills the pots with water, and sets them over the open flames of the fire place to heat. ~ ~ ~ 

     ~ ~ ~ Leaving the pots to boil over the flames, the Paladin of Torm goes over to the kitchen table, and removes the sheathed Ary'Velahr'Kerym Sword from his side, laying it out on the flat surface.  The next items to be removed are his gauntlets which he neatly lays side by side on the table.  With his pale hands freed of their protective metal sheaths, Kur'ai silently begins the slow process of undoing all the buckles, and removing his damaged Mithril plate mail armor.  Each piece of the bluish-silver armor, the Arms Major carefully lays on the table until he finally divests himself of the plate mail.  Left wearing only his bloodied and filth encrusted aketon (the quilted undergarment), the Elven Lord carefully sits at the table, and starts gingerly checking out the severity of his unhealed wounds. ~ ~ ~

    Kur'ai Galifrey
    Translation(‡†):
  • Current HP:  7 / 50; THAC0 = 14;
  • Saving Throw: NA;
  • Ability Score Check: NA;
  • AC: -1 [AC Base = 0 (damaged plate mail & dexterity), NO shield (elsewhere... the Pit Lord), -1 w/in Paladin's aura; penalties = DM Call];
  • Initiative: NA;
  • Actions/Attacks: NA;
  • Results/Damages: NA;
  • Total Damage (rolled): NA;
  • Active Powers: Standard Paladin;

  • usertype:1 tt= 0

    --------------------------------------------------------------

    "Not all those who wander are lost..." ~ Tolkien

    Arienne
    Share to: Facebook Twitter MSN linkedin google yahoo 3# 



    Posts:429

    RE:Archive ~ Starsinger Tower ~
    (Date Posted:11/25/2008 8:00 PM)

    From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 1/24/2005 7:24 PM
    Siannodell looked up in surprise as the strange elf entered the kitchen. She was about to ask him if she could help him with something but then remembered that he only seemed to speak a strange dialect of elven. The High Priestess knew the regular elven language well enough so that she could speak to those elves who lived and came within Elmshade's borders, but she had heard Arienne and this one talking, and could only make out some of what was being said. So...she watched him gather various things from the cupboards and continued to prepare dinner.
     
    As it was cooking, she heard a soft, feminine voice coming from the other room. Opening the door, Siannodell spied Master Stormcrow's daughter, Angel. Sia didn't know the whole story about her, but wasn't sure how to ask the master of the Ivory Tower about it without sounding tacky. So she kept silent about the matter, though her curiosity was still present. She opened the door wider and smiled at Angel. "Angel, dear, whatever are you doing here? Shouldn't you be over at the Ivory Tower with Raven?" the one-eyed woman asked, having not caught everything that Angel had said. "Oh, good!" she exclaimed upon seeing Angel's healing bag next to her and moving towards the young woman. "How wonderful that you've brought this," she said, patting the bag. "Master Leopold and the other one, there, will both probably be very grateful for any kind of healing that you could give them. Arienne's upstairs, getting more healing potions, I think, but she should be back down any moment."

    From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 1/24/2005 7:39 PM
    All of Viewsk's eyes, including his central one, studied the monk with a half-lidded shrewdness and his mouth closed as he bobbed closer to the table. "Mmmmmmm," he grumbled. "Me no have cards...yet. Mistress Arienne say we get some for Viewsk, but me not have them yet." The beholder appeared to frown, pondering this for a moment, and then his mouth slowly turned up into a semblance of a crafty smile. "What we wager?" Then the beholder thought again. "What you name, game-player?" he asked Leopold with a grin. "Me Viewsk."






    From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 1/24/2005 8:18 PM
    Arienne returned a few minutes later carrying a black bag with many pockets. She was still wearing her dark grey robes and had tied her long, silver curls back into a loose ponytail with a leather thong. She still looked lovely, but there was a small, pensive line in the middle of her forehead, indicating that she had heavy issues troubling her mind. The elf maiden sat the bag upon the large table and noticed Angel and Siannodell speaking. She also took note of Viewsk and Leopold talking about something, and the fact that Lord  Galifrey was shedding his armor and weapon didn't escape her sharp, pale blue gaze. Arienne quickly glanced about the room and one slim brow raised in question as she saw the pots and water boiling. First things first, she thought. There will be time for questions soon enough.
     
    "I have brought some healing potions for those who need them," she said in an efficient, business-like tone. The mage opened the satchel and began pulling out steel vials, laying them methodically upon the black marble. There were six in all, and she also produced a handful of blueberries, which she carefully placed next to the vials. "The berries are what are called Goodberries. They will refresh you and were enchanted by Siannodell's own hands, so you can trust them."
     
    Arienne gazed at Kurai for a long moment, then picked up two of the vials and a berry, bringing them around to his side of the massive table. She gently set them down in front of him and spoke with a quiet smile, making sure his eyes met hers. Then she once more addressed him in his own tongue. "Saesa, vasa ar' yulna. Ron nauva nauta lle. Saesa? Ale' lye tela sinome, lye nauva quena.*" As she waited for the knight to oblige her request, Arienne's thoughtful stare turned to the marvelous sword laying on the table. She wanted very much to examine it, but stayed her curious hand, instead thrusting it into a pocket.
     
    ((* "Please, eat and drink. They will help you. Please? After we are finished here, we will speak."))

    From: Lita StarfireSent: 1/25/2005 1:53 AM
     Angel's Location: Outside Starsinger Tower

     Angel listened to Siaonnadell, not saying anything about the missing eye.  She took note that she didn't hear the part about her father being awake.  She was going to speak again when she noticed that Arienne had come back down stairs.  She excused herself from the High Priestess and went to Arienne.  She waited for a break in her conversation with the elf, and then she began.

    "Mistress Arienne, I have come with extra healing potions that i have made, also I come with news of importance" She pulled Arienne to the side slightly as not to speak to loud. " My father is awake,  he has come out of his coma and wishes me to help with the wounded, he has gone to view the damage at the temple."


    (tbc by Arienne or Siaonnadell)


    From: MSN NicknamemelchonSent: 1/28/2005 6:37 PM
     

     Leopold smiled as he pulled a small covered box from within his volumous robes.  Etched upon the laquered shell were runes of fortune and power.

    Setting the box lightly on the table, he turned about the room and then sat on the northern side, motioning for the beholder to take the south.

    Settling his face into a calm, inscrutable mask, the monk spoke lightly, "I am called Leopold, the Gambling Monk, my friend.  As to wagers...."  The man spread his hand wide, "One should always venture stakes that are suitable to the game. For Diamond back...nothing less than fortunes are tossed upon the pile.  What have you that is worth such as this?"

    Taking an ornate ring, fairly glowing with magical power, the monk sets it next to the box. "This is a ring of regeneration, friend Viewsk...a valuable tool of my trade."


    From: MSN NicknameHiel-Sent: 1/30/2005 11:52 AM
    LOCATION: Starsinger Tower

    Kur'ai Galifrey, Arms Major of the Myth Drannor Akh'Velahr, Paladin of Torm ~ ~ ~ As Arienne gazed upon the Ithil'Quessir [Moon Elf/Grey Elf] before bringing to him the Goodberry and Healing Potions, it was fairly evident to her from the fixated expressions of disgust and distaste on the Elven Knight's face, as he sat fully involved at the table critically examining his befouled state of dress and filth-encrusted wounds, that foremost on his mind was an intense desire for a bath.  When the Elven Mage comes around to the Paladin's side of the table setting the items down before him, Kur'ai looks up from his tender examination of his hairless, black and blue bruised chest and the raw, angry wound where IB's tail spike nearly skewered him clear through his torso to the items on the table.  The Arms Major then turns his gaze up at the Maiden Tel'Quessir hesitant about imposing further upon her hospitality, but after a momentary reticence to find the words, tells her "Diola lle ten sinea."*  Lord Galifrey then asks "Amin uuma mem naa engwar-istime, nan' umaya lye lenka lye cuena e'maink en' urra elin ar' n'nir poika lanatie?"** ~ ~ ~

    Kur'ai Galifrey
    Translation(‡†):
    * = "Thank you for these."
    ** = "I don't mean to be rude, but could we postpone our talk in favor of a hot bath and some clean clothes?" 

  • Current HP:  7 / 50; THAC0 = 14;
  • Saving Throw: NA;
  • Ability Score Check: NA;
  • AC: -1 [AC Base = 0 (damaged plate mail & dexterity), NO shield (elsewhere... the Pit Lord), -1 w/in Paladin's aura; penalties = DM Call];
  • Initiative: NA;
  • Actions/Attacks: NA;
  • Results/Damages: NA;
  • Total Damage (rolled): NA;
  • Active Powers: Standard Paladin;

  • From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 1/31/2005 10:21 PM
    Viewsk's main eye grew wider and his tentacled eyes moved forward to study the ring that Leopold had placed on the table. "OOoooooooooo," the beholder crooned in admiration. "Is good ring, friend Leopold. Goooooood ring." Viewsk floated back a little and appeared to think for a minute, chewing on his lip and once more half-lidding his eyes in contemplation. Then his main eye brightened as if he had an idea. "Me be back. Me go get wager for you." He grinned and floated towards the stairway, bobbing in an excited fashion.
     
    In a few minutes, he returned, telekinetically floating a small piece of jewelry in front of him. He neared the table and directed the anklet so that it dropped gently in front of the monk. It was exquisite in craftsmanship. Made of what appeared to be solid mithril, the links in the small chain were delicate and the clasp which held them together was carved into the likeness of a tiny rabbit, body outstretched at a dead run. "You liiiiiike sparklies?" the beholder asked Leopold with a very wide smile. "It goes aroooooound your foot. It will make you very FAST, friend Leopold. Make you like a raaaaaaaaaaabbit.*" Viewsk watched to see if his wager would be acceptable to the elder man, trying not to appear overly anxious. Beholders loved to bargain, as a rule. And Arienne's guardian was no exception.
     
    ((*Anklet of Haste. Enchanted to permanently bestow wearer with bonuses applied as per Haste spell. i.e. double normal mvmnt and attack rates, -2 to initiative. Also, wearer does not suffer aging effects due to sped up metabolism. Considered a +2 magical item, worth 20,000 gp))

    From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 1/31/2005 11:37 PM
    Arienne smiled warmly at Angel and nodded in gratitude. "Thank you so much for coming, Angel. I'm grateful there is someone else here who can help heal those who need it. Mother Siannodell would, but her spells and energy have been depleted and she needs to rest." She gave a slight frown as Angel mentioned her father, but it changed to one of relief at hearing the white mage of the Trinity was awake again. "When things have been settled here, I'll go see Raven. But there are things here that must be tended first." Arienne glanced to the couch where she had laid Amagato, and motioned to his semi-conscious form. "That one is especially hurt and needs whatever powerful aid you can give to him. It is largely due to him that we are still alive, despite what's happened to the Temple. If you would be so kind as to make sure he's alright, I'll return shortly and we can talk more."
     
    The sorceress's attention focused once again on Kurai and her expression immediately turned to one of abashedness at having overlooked such an obvious need. Of course he wants to get clean! her mind chided her. He is one your own kind, Arienne...he values cleanliness and appearance as much as you do...you do come from nobility, too, remember? Chastened by her guilty conscience, the beautiful mage blushed and hurriedly asked forgiveness of the knight seated at her table. "Saesa leneema amin, heru en amin. Noweamin na sairashwe. Tula, khila amin, lle aa' magh amin sambe.*"
     
    Arienne looked at Viewsk and Leopold and gave a half smile. "Play nice, Viewsk," she joked. "This man is another reason that all of us are here today instead of in the afterlife." Then she turned and made her way to the stairs with a quiet swish of her robes against the stone floor. She paused at the edge of the stairs and turned around with a deeper, puzzled frown etched on her lovely countenance. "Viewsk? Where are Pheral and Drannon?" she asked the beholder. It had occurred to her that she hadn't seen the ranger or his mount in over a day, and that was very unlike her two live-in guests.
     
    The beholder looked over at Arienne and his tentacled eyes drooped a little. "Me no knoooooow, Mistress," he informed her. "They leave me yesterday. Morning-time. Not say where they go. They be back soooooooon?" Viewsk's smaller eyes lifted some and he looked hopeful. Arienne's frown only grew more pronounced and her azure eyes flickered with concern. "I don't know, Viewsk. Let's hope so." The elf maiden raised a delicate hand to massage her now steadily aching head and managed to give Kurai a small, tight-lipped smile. "Saesa, khila amin.**" Then she mounted the steps with the innate grace and silence of her race and disappeared around the smooth corner to the upper levels of the tower...
     
    ((* "Please, forgive me, my lord. My thoughts are very troubled. Come, follow me, you may use my room."
    ** "Please, follow me."))



    usertype:1 tt= 0

    --------------------------------------------------------------

    "Not all those who wander are lost..." ~ Tolkien

    Arienne
    Share to: Facebook Twitter MSN linkedin google yahoo 4# 



    Posts:429

    RE:Archive ~ Starsinger Tower ~
    (Date Posted:11/25/2008 8:04 PM)

    From: MSN NicknamemelchonSent: 2/1/2005 8:00 PM
      

     The inscrutable man eyed the item upon the table, then shook his head saddly, "Friend Viewsk...the ring is of the vampiric sort...easily worth twice what you have placed against it."

    Looking about, Leopold snagged a trio of extra healing potions and then proceeded to down them in series to alleviate his wounds while he waited for a response.

    From: Lita StarfireSent: 2/3/2005 10:03 AM
     Angel's Location: Starsinger Tower

     Angel looked over where Arienne pointed to the wounded Amagato, and Angel smiled.  "I have something perfect for him."  Angel walked over to the person and knelt next to the couch where he laid. She set her healers box down and opened it, removing a small vile of a dark blue color.  " This should do it."  She looks at the man, and if he is concious, ask, "Milord Amagato, this is a potion from my studies, that will heal your wounds and restore your strength with out any scars." (or if he isn't, see below)

    ((* If Amagato can not move or is not concious, Angel will get her cloth and start appling the vials contents to the wounds.)

    (** Potion of full healing: A potion from Angel's studies, restores health to full and removes all wounds.)

    (tbc by anyone in tower)

    From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 2/4/2005 10:32 AM
    The beholder's brow beetled in a heavy frown over his main eye and he thought. "Mmmmmmmmm," he grumbled to himself. The anklet had been one of his best pieces to offer Leopold. Since he hadn't been in Elmshade long, and hadn't had much opportunity to bring very much with him from his home world, he hadn't managed to collect an extensive hoarde yet. "Me have gems," he told the monk. "You liiiiike gems? Me go get and bring back, so you can seeeeeee them." True to his word, Viewsk floated up the stairs again, following Arienne. In a few minutes, he floated back downstairs with three exquisitely cut gems floating in the tractor beam of his main eye. There was a flawless, princess cut diamond (worth 10,000 gp),  an oval cut ruby with two small flaws (worth 5500 gp), and a flawless, square-cut star sapphire (worth 7500 gp).
     
    Viewsk grinned as he floated the gems over to Leopold to inspect. "These gooooooood gems," he said in his low, rough voice. "Me no know if you liiiiiike pretty gems, but me do. Me like the way they catch light. And they gooooood to eat, sometimes. And me told they good soooooometimes, to make magical, or to make mind magical. You liiiiiike? They goooood enough for wager?" Again, the beholder seemed anxious to please. In truth, since Pheral had been gone, Viewsk had lost his 'playmate' and had been bored stiff. He was greatly looking forward to Leopold's game.
    From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 2/4/2005 11:08 AM
    Satisfied that the oriental man on her couch was in capable hands, Arienne led the way upstairs so that Kurai could take a bath. They passed the second level of the tower, which was mostly empty except for a large, purple velvet, tassled cushion with a round indentation in the top of it. It was situated near one of the windows which could not be seen from the outside of the tower. This was obviously a place where Viewsk rested. Opposite the pillow was a huge pile of silver and platinum coins, scattered haphazardly at the edges of the pile across the stone floor. This was Pheral's 'hoarde' and her bed when she was at the tower. The scalamagdrion took great delight in playing with the coins and declared they were extremely comfortable to rest upon. There were a few various crates and boxes around the large room, but overall it seemed pretty empty.
     
    Arienne's personal chambers were at the top (third) level of the tower, and they were lavish, as was to be expected of an elf of her nature. Half of the large room was a combination of bedroom and bath, the other half was an extensive laboratory, where she made her potions and performed her research. She smiled at Kurai, allowing him to wander around a minute as she searched a small box on her vanity for something.
     
    As one entered the third floor, to the left was an ornate bedroom suite that rested on a tremendously large, exquisitely woven black rug. There was a four-post, black iron queen-sized bed with a sheer, gauzy canopy of purple tulle in a curtain around it. The shiek material that draped the bed was pulled back at the posts and held by long, satiny black tassled cords. The covers and sheets that rested on the bed appeared to be of a black satin, with sleek, silvery piping on the edges. There were numerous fluffy, down-filled pillows that graced the top of the coverlets, and sitting at the end of the bed, preening herself, was one of the strangest creatures that Kurai had probably ever seen. It appeared at first glance, to be a black, long-haired Himalayan cat. But this cat just happened to have a pair of small, bat-like wings, which she was carefully grooming. The Catra, for that was what the creature was, looked up as they entered, and regarded Lord Gilifrey curiously with a pair of tilted, greenish-golden eyes.
     
    At each side of the bed were two matching, iron and glass night tables. Along the far left wall was a long, sturdy dresser made of a deep black wood, and matching vanity table, complete with a full-length mirror. There was also a round, black stone tub that sat next to the mirror, with a few bottles and towels placed carefully along the wide edge. There was water in the tub and it continuously steamed, heated by the two, magical polar worm stones set beneath it. It was obviously a woman’s bedroom suite, but perhaps one that suggested a more sensual, strong and darker side, than one of frills and lace.

    The middle of the third floor held another large rug, this one of a plush, silvery fur. Atop this rested a long, low couch made for lounging. Its frame was a heavy silver, decorated with small hematite and ruby etched runes. The couch was covered with a deep, crimson velvet material and in front of it was another low, black iron and glass coffee table. In the exact center of this table was a square of black silk. And resting gently on top of the silk was an extremely intricate magical item. It was composed of a thick, heavily enchanted and runed silver and hematite base that had been formed into the shape of a dragon’s clawed hand. In this hand was a flawless crystal ball. The ball was dark now, but it piqued the knight’s curiosity enough that he had to wonder what it might show, if one were to look into it. It was clear that the couch and the crystal ball were crafted by the same hand, and possibly even a matched set.

    To the right as one entered the third floor was a large, complex laboratory. There were numerous shelves packed full of small boxes, crates and bottles. Two large, wooden tables ran the length of the wall, easily eight feet long and half again as wide. On these tables was a myriad of laboratory equipment; beakers and flasks, stoppered vials and bottles, a bubbler and various tubes, a globe with an electrical field, a small generator, a mortar and pestle, pair of bronzed scales, a funny-looking device that was, in actuality, a microscope, a burner, tongs, scissors, masks...basically anything and everything an alchemist/mage might need in a lab could be found in Arienne’s tower. There were several empty cages, and also a few rows of carefully cultivated plants near one window.

    The lovely mage found what she was looking for and brought it over to the paladin for him to see. Draped between her fingers was a thin, silver chain with what looked like an onyx teardrop pendant inscribed with numerous small runes. She smiled hesitantly and with a questioning look, gently slid the chain around his neck and clasped it. Kurai could smell the exotic scent of jasmine and honeysuckle that Arienne's beautiful silver curls emitted as she drew close enough to fasten the necklace. Then she stepped back and her blue eyes sparkled charmingly. "There," she said in common. And he could understand her! "This should make it a bit easier for you to communicate with others," she explained. "It has been permanently enchanted with a 'Comprehend Languages' spell, my lord. You may borrow it as long as you like. If you intend to remain here for any length of time, you shall need it."

    From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 2/4/2005 12:59 PM

    Siannodell finally emerged from the kitchen again, carrying a steaming pot of stew, which she set down in the middle of the over-sized table. The smell coming from the large pot was tempting beyond belief and the one-eyed priestess smiled. "Dinner is served," she announced to those present. Then she went back into the kitchen and returned shortly with a stack of ceramic bowls, several napkins and wooden spoons. She set these next to the stew pot, then made another trip to the kitchen. When she emerged from it again, she was carrying several empty pewter goblets which she placed next to the bowls and spoons. The elder cleric made one last trip to the kitchen and returned again with a waterskin and a bottle of wine. Finally satisfied that she had provided most of what everyone would need to enjoy the meal, she began to ladle stew into the bowls.

    Viewsk had drifted close enough to examine the pot’s contents and his drool was beginning to form a small puddle on the table. Sia rebuked him and gently but forcibly pushed him away. "Now, Viewsk!" she said with a stern air. "Get back, you over-grown, floating eyeball. We can’t have you ruining our appetites or the stew with your drooling." the beholder frowned and pouted in a spoiled manner. "Mmmmeh!" he grunted petulantly as he floated back a hand’s breadth. "Me no ruin anything. Me huuuuuuungry, Siiiiiia," he whined. "Me get most of stew? Me big enough to neeeeed it." It was clear that Viewsk would have gladly eaten all of the stew and not been satisfied, and he drifted close again, barely bumping up against the High Priestess in a playful manner. "What iiiiiiiinnnnnn it, anyway?" he asked as all of his tentacled eyes blinked and studied the ingredients as they were ladled into the bowls.

    Siannodell elbowed him back again, needing room to work, and began to explain. "There are potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, broccoli, tomatoes, and a couple of other vegetables. I used the two rabbits that I found in the kitchen, and added some herbs for flavoring. It would be good if we had some bread, but I didn’t see any." She finished filling the bowls and began to pour a glass of wine for herself. She looked at Leopold and asked, "Water or wine?" then she glanced over at Angel. "Angel, dear, come have some stew. Would you like water or wine with your dinner?"

    From: Lita StarfireSent: 2/4/2005 2:23 PM
     Angel's Location: Starsinger Tower

     Angel worked the medicine on the wounds of the orential man, since he seemed to be unable to sit up enough to drink the bottle.  She heard Mother Sia's call for dinner and she turned slightly and replied,  " I will be there shortly, I just need to get this medicine on these wounds, and I will have just water, thank you."  Angel said has she finished cleanning and medicating the wounds with her potions of mending (healing)

    (tbc by anyone in tower)


    From: MSN NicknamemelchonSent: 2/5/2005 8:42 PM

    Leopold frowned as he considered the tokens placed upon the table.  Once again, he regretfully shook his head in negation.  "Viewsk....the bid must be equal to play.."  Raising an eyebrow, he once again asked, "Do you have more to wager in the stately game of Diamondback?"


    Potions: #1, 3d8+3 (25), #2 (19), #3 (18).  Total HP: 115/115.  The ring is worth 50K.  



    From: MSN NicknamemelchonSent: 2/5/2005 8:44 PM
    Turning to Sia, he smiled lightly; "Wine or water...all is the same.  Balanced upon the elements of wood and water, blended with air and earth..."  Laughing, he flips a silver coin, then continues, "Wine it shall be..."

    From: MSN NicknameHiel-Sent: 2/8/2005 2:40 AM
    LOCATION: Starsinger Tower

    Kur'ai Galifrey, Arms Major of the Myth Drannor Akh'Velahr, Paladin of Torm ~ ~ ~ Lord Galifrey gently shakes his head, and merely waves his hand dismissing her apology, saying "N'uma, ta naa tereva. Amin sinta sut lle tyava."*  Kur'ai looks at his damaged Mithril armor, and shaking his head in exasperation, mutters "Amin anta Ohtarmool."** as he collects the Ary'Velahr'Kerym, Goodberry and Healing Potions.  The battered Elven Knight slowly stands, and normally under better circumstance would've offered Arriene his arm as he escorted her upto her quarters.  But in light of his befouled condition, he merely follows after the Tel'Quessir Maiden up the stairs. ~ ~ ~

     ~ ~ ~ As the Slayer of Dragons passes through the second landing of the stair case, he quickly recognizes a draconic lair when he sees and smells one, and surmises that the Eye Tyrant also laired on this same level of the tower, judging by the round indentation in the cushion.  It also suddenly occurs to the Paladin of Torm that he'd assumed the Tel'Quessir Mage was of decent moral character, and in light of the Eye Tyrant's presence and the draconic lair, gives him pause to wonder if he'd erred in that assumption.  As he moves up the stairs to the next level, the Arms Major feels a little worried by the unusual alliance of Guardians the Trinity Mage keeps in her care, but holds his disquiet in check for the sake of propiety and decorum in deference to his hostess.  Afterall her behavior and decorum observed so far spoke volumes for her character, and only further interaction would tell the ancient Ithil'Quessir more about her. ~ ~ ~

     ~ ~ ~ Arriving at the third floor of the Tower, Kur'ai pauses in the doorway, positively amazed at the luxurious accommodations of the Mage's level, and admires the lavish furnishing of the Tel'Quessir Maiden.  The Arms Major, noticing Arienne's smile, gives her a respectful bow, and procedes into her room as she goes in search of something.  The Paladin of Torm moves directly to where the bath tub was positioned in the room mainly to avoid tracking any of the filth around her room, and carefully sets the items he'd brought from downstairs on the rim then sits beside them. He casually peruses the room until his gaze comes to rest on the beautiful, winged, black Himilayan Cat creature on the bed, and for several heartbeats deeply stares into the mysterious, greenish-golden eyes before turning his gaze upon the intriguing crystal sphere.  Indeed the Elven Knight did wonder if the crystal ball was magical in nature, and could show him the Myth Drannor he remembered or any of his comrades who fought by his side during of the seige by the Army of Darkness. ~ ~ ~

     ~ ~ ~ Staring at the crystal ball, Lord Galifrey, his pale violet grey-blue eyes turning distant with bright sadness, grows melancholy with the rememberances of those dark times and tragic losses, and jerks his gaze away from the black orb, blinking back the sorrow of loss.  The Arms Major turns his gaze upon the laboratory equipment, and precusorily studies the apparatus and paraphernalia while suppressing the haunting memories.  Kur'ai finds himself staring past the cultivated plants out into the moonlit darkness beyond the window when the silver-haired Mage comes over to him, pulling him back to the present. The millenium old Grey Elf, his fair, blonde eye brows quirking dubiously, frowns down at the onyx pendant somewhat leery of unknown items, but then aquiesces after looking up into the smiling blue eyes of Arienne with her scents of jasmine and honeysuckle a pleasant change from the stench of Hell Orc filth permeating his aketon, which would probably have to be burned. ~ ~ ~

     ~ ~ ~ After a momentary hesitation, Kur'ai cranes his neck, leaning slightly down to oblige the Elven Mage, and permits her to fasten the chain behind his neck. Despite his injured and befouled state, the alluring closeness of the Tel'Quessir Maiden was the Elven Paladin's first real pleasant experience since awakening in this strange place as he studied up close the beautiful Mage of his own people. After Arienne finishes bestowing the onyx pendant and telling him about the item, Kur'ai slightly bows his head to her, and then meets her gaze, saying "Diola lle. Lle naa sai nostale a'il'sinta Tel'Quessir, Arwen en amin. Nauva ronea amin quena yassen rangwa bethieamin?"*** ~ ~ ~

    Kur'ai Galifrey
    Translation(‡†):
    * = "No, it's okay. I know how you feel."
    ** = "I need a Squire."
    *** = "Thank you. You are too generous to an unknown Elf, My Lady. Will those I speak with understand my words?"

  • Current HP:  7 / 50; THAC0 = 14;
  • Saving Throw: NA;
  • Ability Score Check: NA;
  • AC: -1 [AC Base = 0 (damaged plate mail & dexterity), NO shield (elsewhere... the Pit Lord), -1 w/in Paladin's aura; penalties = DM Call];
  • Initiative: NA;
  • Actions/Attacks: NA;
  • Results/Damages: NA;
  • Total Damage (rolled): NA;
  • Active Powers: Standard Paladin;


  • usertype:1 tt= 0

    --------------------------------------------------------------

    "Not all those who wander are lost..." ~ Tolkien

    Arienne
    Share to: Facebook Twitter MSN linkedin google yahoo 5# 



    Posts:429

    RE:Archive ~ Starsinger Tower ~
    (Date Posted:11/25/2008 8:07 PM)

    From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 2/8/2005 11:42 AM
    Arienne's smile didn't falter, but she blinked her eyes slowly, a little tired as she sat next to Kurai on the side of the heavy tub. "As one of the guardians of this area, it is my job to be generous to strangers who aid us," she said with a small shrug, then looked at him directly. "And your name is not unknown to me. But to answer your question, yes, they will be able to understand you," she said softly. "And you will be able to understand them. For now..." she paused and a small frown marred her visage as unbidden thoughts from her own past flitted through her mind; thoughts of another man that had bathed in her tub on a regular basis.  He, too, had been a knight of sorts...
     
    Rising with her natural grace, she defiantly pushed those thoughts aside and continued. "But for now, it seems that I have other things that need tending to. I shall leave you to take your bath, my lord. Take as long as you like, the water will stay hot." Arienne's smile returned as she indicated the Catra on the lush bed. "Mishtu is his name," she explained, and the cat looked up from his preening at the sound of his name, blinking happily at his mistress. "If you have need of anything, simply tell him and he will relay the message to me. There are towels at your side, and feel free to use any of the soaps or lotions." The sorceress tilted her head to one side, watching him intently for a long minute. "When you have disrobed, my lord, I will come back to get your clothes and have them cleaned and waiting for you, when you are finished. Please excuse me for now."
     
    The mithril-haired elf made her way to the stairs and then stopped, turning around again briefly. "I would ask that you please not touch anything in the laboratory, but other than that, please make yourself at home. You are most welcome here, Lord Galifrey, and may rest now. You are safe for the moment." Then she was gone; a beautiful, magical specter that came and went like the wind...
    From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 2/9/2005 9:14 AM
    Siannodell chuckled and poured wine for the monk and water for herself and Angel, then sat down next to Leopold and said a quiet grace to Mielikki. She watched the exchange between the beholder and the master fighter with interest. The priestess had known Viewsk since Arienne had come to Elmshade, and knew that he was unusual for one of his kind. Sia wasn't sure how the elven mage had managed to befriend such a normally evil creature, but figured magic was involved, perhaps a geas of some kind or a charm that kept Viewsk's evil instincts from surfacing. In any case, Siannodell knew that he served as an excellent guardian for Starsinger Tower. She ate her stew in silence and began to think upon how to rebuild the Temple.

    Viewsk's eyes drooped and he frowned,  frustrated. He had little personal wealth and wanted very much to be seen as a 'worthy opponent' and equal to the monk. "MMMmmmmmm," he pondered with a rumble. "Me no have much treasure, Leopooooold," he said. "Me have coins, but not much magic thiiiiiiings. Hmmmmmmmm. Me ask Arienne to give me something else for wager. Okaaaaaay? Okaaaaaay." The beholder asked and answered before giving the elder man a chance to respond, and quickly floated up the stairs to find his Mistress...




    From: MSN NicknamemelchonSent: 2/9/2005 6:57 PM
      

     The monk smiled at Sia, then spread a quintet of cards upon the table.  Each was exquisitely drawn, with the figures of either a man or a woman upon them.

    Tapping the first, Leopold smiled, "This is the Magician...the highest card in a Diamondback Deck..."    The picture of a mage with an old, twisted staff rests in masterwork upon the varnished parchment square.   The four other cards hold the pictures of a queen, king, priestess and priest.

    "The cards are valuable only in combination."  With a smile, he waits for the beholder to return.


    From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 2/10/2005 7:47 PM
    Sia studied the cards as she ate, giving Leopold a curious smile. "I see," she said and brought the Magician card he had pointed out closer, so that she could examine the artwork that decorated it. It was interesting, to say the least. "It must have taken quite awhile to produce a deck of this quality," she mused. "Do you know the artist?"
     
    The High Priestess slid the Magi card back and gently pulled the Priestess card close to study it, next. The beautiful woman depicted on the card had two healthy, blue eyes and Sia's hand went unconsciously to the empty socket to rub it without thinking. After another couple of bites of her stew, she pushed the Priestess card back toward the monk. "So, even though I'm not the gambling sort, maybe you can tell me how the game is played? The cards are valuable in combinations, as you said, but how so? How does one 'win' the game? How many hands do you play? Why is it called Diamondback?" Taking a drink of her water, Siannodell plied Leo with questions, truly interested, though it was mostly because of the charming man sitting across from her, and not because she liked card games.
    From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 2/10/2005 8:27 PM
    Viewsk almost collided with the lovely owner of the tower on the second level as she was coming back downstairs. "Miiiiistress," he said with a lopsided smile. Again, his tentacled eyes drooped and he looked a bit dejected. "Me need a faaaaaavor," he said. Arienne blinked and regarded her friend with one raised brow. "Oh?" she asked and crossed her arms casually. Viewsk had never asked her for a favor before. This should be interesting, she thought.
     
    "Yes," the beholder answered. "Me want to play game with friend Leopoooooold. But me not have enough to waaaaaager for his riiiiiing." The elven mage's curiosity was piqued and she patiently waited for Viewsk to say more. He did. "Me already put my special aaaaaanklet you give to Viewsk, and my sparklies as part of the waaaaager," he explained. "But friend Leopooooold say it not enough to match his riiiiing."
     
    "Is that so?" Arienne asked with a wry smile. "It must be a very special ring, indeed, if your gems and anklet of Haste are not enough to match it as a wager. Tell me, Viewsk, what game are you playing?" The eye tyrant bobbed up and down excitedly and his central eye grew round. "Diaaaaaamondback!" he grinned. "Me no have cards yet, but friend Leo does." Arienne laughed and the melodic sound was reminiscent of soft, silver bells and waterfalls. "Of course he does," she said, uncrossing her arms. "What's the favor, Viewsk?"
     
    The beholder managed to look sheepish...which was no small feat for such an evil-looking creature. "Ummmmmmm," he said hesitatingly. His tentacled eyes darted around the second level room nervously and his main eye seemed anxious to meet the sylvan woman's crystalline gaze directly. Arienne smiled and patted the top of his body. "Come now," she said in a sweet voice. "Out with it. Do you need a loan, Viewsk?" she asked, having already guessed what he wanted.
     
    Viewsk looked at her and his smaller eyes all nodded in unison. "Yes," he said quietly. "Me need something else to waaaager, so me can match his riiiiing." A slight frown crossed Arienne's delicate features and she thought for a moment, then began to descend the stairs to the ground level with Viewsk bobbing along silently behind her. She spoke to him over her shoulder as she walked. "How about I find out if there is anything in particular that he's looking for, hmmmm?" she asked. "Then we'll see if I have anything that might go with what you've offered already. Besides," she continued. "I'd like to see this ring for myself. And how in the world would you even wear it, Viewsk? It's not like you could just slide it over one of your stalks."
     
    Finally reaching the bottom floor, the diminutive beauty padded over to where Siannodell and Leopold were sitting at the table. She glanced over at Angel. "Angel, aren't you eating?" she asked the young woman. Then she sniffed the stew and her mouth began to water. "Mmmmmm, it smells delicious," she said. "I take it you made this, Mother?" she asked the priestess, and Siannodell nodded with a smile. "Now...before I busy myself with eating, I'd like to see this ring that Viewsk has been going on about," she said to Leopold. Her blue eyes danced with a craftiness that let the monk know she would probably know the value of the ring if it were magical. The beholder stayed somewhat behind her at first, but the smell of the stew made his mouth start watering again and he addressed Sia with another whine. "Me have some steeeeeeeeeew yet, Siiiiiiia?" he asked.



    usertype:1 tt= 0

    --------------------------------------------------------------

    "Not all those who wander are lost..." ~ Tolkien

    Arienne
    Share to: Facebook Twitter MSN linkedin google yahoo 6# 



    Posts:429

    RE:Archive ~ Starsinger Tower ~
    (Date Posted:11/25/2008 8:11 PM)

    From: Lita StarfireSent: 2/11/2005 12:15 AM
     Angel's Location: Starsinger Tower

     Angel finished mending the wounds on the injured man, when Lady Sia set her water and stew down.   " Thank you reverend mother."  Angel said with reverence.  She then looked back to the unconcious man and checked one last time to see that her potion was working it wonders.  She then heard Arienne tell her to eat up and so with a sigh of thankfullness, Angel began to eat quietly in a corner.

    (tbc by anyone in tower)

    From: MSN NicknameHiel-Sent: 2/13/2005 6:32 PM
    LOCATION: Starsinger Tower
    Kur'ai Galifrey, Arms Major of the Myth Drannor Akh'Velahr, Paladin of Torm ~ ~ ~ The Arms Major, his eyebrows slightly quirked in curiosity at Arienne's admission of knowing his name, nods his understanding at her explanation of the workings of the pendant, and continues listening to her instructions about making himself at home in her plush quarters.  He nods to the Catra when the Mage introduces her familiar to him, and lifts both eyebrows, looking dubiously at the cat creature, when She tells him Mishtu could relay messages to her.  Kur'ai takes note of the towels, lotions and soaps indicated by the Maiden, and still thinking about Mishtu's ability relay messages, wonders if he could also relay images as well when Arienne mentions disrobing.  The Paladin of Torm bows to the Maiden Tel'Quessir as she takes her leave, and tells her "Please, do not let me keep you from seeing to the hospitality of your other guests, Milady.  I thank you for you hospitality, and look forward to a quiet moment when we can speak alone." ~ ~ ~

    ~ ~ ~ After the departure of Arienne, Lord Galifrey turns to the bath, and sheds his aketon down to the waist before looking over at Mishtu.  The Elven Knight uses one finger point upward, making the turn around gesture, and tells him "Mishtu, please turn about for a moment."  Kur'ai strips off the rest of his aketon, laying it on the floor, and slips into the bath regardless of if the Catra averted its gaze or not.  The ancient Ithil'Quessir melts into the hot water, feeling all to acutely the weight of the years on his bones, as he completely sinks beneath the surface of the bath, and sits on the bottom of the pool, soaking in the heat.  He slows his breathing and heart rate, entering a brief moment of Reverie to help clear his mind and focus his being on completely relaxing his body.  Almost fifteen minutes later, the Servant of Torm slowly emerges from the water, and just as slowly sucks in a deep breath refreshing breath. ~ ~ ~

     ~ ~ ~ Completely relaxed and at ease, the Arms Major picks up the Good Berry, and pops it in his mouth, holding it there to slowly dissolve [nourishment aspect].  The Noble of Myth Drannor examines the selection of soaps, picking out one with the scents of delicate wisteria blossom, fresh lilac and honeysuckle, and begins carefully washing his wounds of the filth encrusting them.  Once all of his wounds are clean, Kur'ai drinks both of the Extra-Healing Potions [HPs cured: 18 & 20], and leans back as the magical fluids almost fully heal his wounds.  The Elven Knight turns his attention to the Ary'Velahr'Kerym, and unsheathes the ancient Sword, who immediately exclaims "TA NA MEETIMA MEAR COIASIRA!  Amin mema i'ento kinta templa megil lle san."* ~ ~ ~

     ~ ~ ~ The Elven Knight rolls his eyes, and shakes his head at the declaration of the War Blade.  He begins cleaning the flaming blade any the filth, and tells the Long Sword "Fine.  The next four magical blades are yours.  Now be quiet while I clean you."  Kur'ai tends to the magical blade and its sheath, ensuring every smudge was wiped clean before once more sheathing away the sword.  The Paladin of Torm looks over at Mishtu, and again makes the turn around gesture toward the Catra before rising from the bathtub.  He wraps one towel about his waist, and tells the Catra "Okay, Mishtu. Please let your Mistress know I'm finished using her bath. Thank you." ~ ~ ~

    Kur'ai Galifrey
    Translation(‡†):
    * = "It's about bloody time!  I want the next four magical swords your receive."

  • Current HP:  45 / 58 [6th level]; THAC0 = 14;
  • Saving Throw: NA;
  • Ability Score Check: NA;
  • AC: -1 [AC Base = 0 (damaged plate mail & dexterity), NO shield (elsewhere... the Pit Lord), -1 w/in Paladin's aura; penalties = DM Call];
  • Initiative: NA;
  • Actions/Attacks: NA;
  • Results/Damages: NA;
  • Total Damage (rolled): NA;
  • Active Powers: Standard Paladin;
  • From: Lita StarfireSent: 2/13/2005 9:27 PM
    Angel's Location: Starsinger Tower

     

    Among all the people in Starsinger tower, and all the comotions, Angel was the most uncontent.  She could not comprehend what she had witnessed in the past week or so, and now she was getting frightened and alittle worried.  The last time this kind of thing happened, Angel got put in stasis.  Angel worries that her father awoke her now for a bigger thing that he isn't telling her.  Now she ends up witnessing a holy woman die in her hands no less, and watches the mighty temple fall at the mercy of this demon.  Angel trembled in fear as she took out her medic kit of potions and examined her stash left to make sure she had enough for anyone else who would need them, while she silently sat in the corner, sort of away from everyone else, eating her stew.  Angel has always been sort of a loner, since all she has had around was her father Raven and Master Freya for years. 

    (tbc by anyone in tower)

    From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 2/14/2005 7:00 PM
    Siannodell was glad that Arienne had returned from upstairs, because the cleric noticed that Angel seemed to have retreated a bit into a shell of near silence. Sia watched the young woman methodically go through her potion and medical kits, and take her food off to eat by herself, rather than dining with them. Knowing that the girl had helped them in the fight with the demonic orcs, she wondered if maybe the battle had scarred Angel on the inside.
     
    The High Priestess frowned a little, also wondering if she could perhaps help Angel unburden herself of whatever seemed to be weighing her down. Getting up from the table and taking her water with her, Siannodell left Leopold and Arienne to speak with the White Mage's daughter for a minute. The elder woman approached the corner where Angel was eating and sat on the edge of the couch. "My dear, I hope you won't think me rude," she said in a gentle voice. "But I couldn't help but notice that you seem troubled, and not much in the mood to socialize. I'm sure no one here would take offense, considering the ordeal we've all just been through, but if there's something on your mind that you'd like to talk about, Angel, I just wanted you to know that I'm here to listen."
    From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 2/14/2005 7:47 PM
    Mishtu seemed to ignore Kurai's request for privacy, and though he didn't turn around, he did close his eyes. Of course, it could have been because he was sleepy. As Arienne waited patiently for Leopold to show and explain the properties of the marvellous ring that had so enchanted Viewsk, she received a mental image from Mishtu and understood the feelings behind it. It showed Lord Galifrey's worn and stained clothing in a neat pile near the tub. The mischievous Catra slowly began to scan up the handsome knight's damp, bare legs to the towel he had wrapped around his strong frame, giving his mistress a tempting thought to linger upon, but then there was darkness and Arienne felt Mishtu's good-natured chuckle in her mind. Her familiar had closed his eyes.
     
    The elven sorceress smiled wickedly and licked her lips, sending Mishtu a thought that sent the Catra scrambling from her bed and down the stairs, although the cat-like creature tried to make it seem as if it was in no hurry...as if leaving the room had been entirely its own idea. Of course. He meowed at Kurai with a sassy tone and blinked once, then padded down the stairs, swishing his fluffy black plume of a tail behind him in the air like a feathery victory flag.
     
    Arienne looked back at the monk and his cards. "I'm sorry...if you'll excuse me just a moment, there's one small thing I need to attend to. While I'm gone, perhaps you'll consider if there is anything in particular that you might be looking for from this game, Sir Leopold. I have collected several magical items in my travels over the years, and can brew a number of different potions. I also have more coins at the moment than I know what to do with yet, though half of them belong to a friend," she said, worrying again where Pheral and Drannon might have disappeared to. "I'll be back shortly."
     
    Lady Starsinger was a thoughtful creature. She gathered a bowl and filled it with some of Siannodell's delicious stew, then poured a large goblet full of wine. With the bowl and a spoon in one hand and the wine in the other, she climbed the steps that led back to the upper level. Unbeknownst to her guests, the tower had a special design that allowed the owner to teleport from one level to another within the confines of the steel-like walls. But Arienne only used that feature when haste was necessary. And in her magical, comfortable home, speed was not something which Arienne particularly liked. Since she had owned the tower, she had only used the teleport function four times. And she had kept the tower for over seven years, now.
     
    As she reached the landing and doorway of her bedroom chambers, she called out so that Lord Gilifrey wouldn't be surprised. "Mishtu informed me that you were finished washing," she said clearly, then entered the room, keeping her blue eyes averted. She strolled to the dresser and vanity and set the wine and steaming bowl of stew down, still not looking at him directly. "I brought you something to eat and drink, in case you're in need of refreshment," she said.
     
    Spying the pile of dirty clothes, Arienne picked them up and spread them out upon her luxurious bed. Then with delicate motions and soft incantations, she began to cast cantrips upon the clothes. The lovely maiden's back was to Kurai and he could only study her shapely form from behind.
     
    The Clean and Freshen cantrips did wonders for the condition of the clothing, and Arienne stepped back from them once she had finished cleaning both the clothes and her bedspread. She wore a faint frown again and sighed, running a slender fingertip over a couple of small tears in the garments. "They need some mending," she said matter-of-factly over her shoulder, still keeping her back to him. "Are they magical in nature? If not, then I can repair them with a spell, but if so, the magic will repair them but it will not last."
    From: Lita StarfireSent: 2/14/2005 11:48 PM
    Angel's Location: Starsinger Tower

     

    Angel looked up from her box of stuff as the reverned mother Siaonnadell approched and spoke to her.  Sia's words rang in Angel's head like a bell, crystal clear and pristine.  Angel just didn't know what to say, she was burdened alot over the last few weeks.  First she gets pushed out into a world of strangers, and then she ends up fighting a demon that she has only dreammed of, and now she witnessed a guardian die in her arms, of course she was burdened.  Now how to tell Sia her troubles.  " Reverned mother, I don't know where to begin. " The young womans voice calm and quiet as she spoke.  " I have never been out of the tower, and when the first set of distruction happened to Elmshade, I was in stasis for a few years, only reawakened like a month ago, and not I have witnessed my father in distress, a holy temple destroied by a demon I have only just read about in a history book, I watched as a holy guardian died in my arms, and now my home in the Ivory Tower is being intruded upon by some "savior" of my father. I don't trust this woman and I forget her name, but something isn't right.  I don't mean to be a nusance, but I think my father sent me here to keep me from her.  Reverned Mother, I think my father plans on visiting the ruined parts of the temple, but I fear that he will be in danger.  What should I do?"   Angel says as she looks back at her kit.

    (tbc by anyone in tower)


    From: MSN NicknamemelchonSent: 2/15/2005 5:28 PM
     

     The monk shook his head at Sia's question, "Unfortunately the artist is unknown.  This is an ancient deck, handed down over generations.  Some say it was one of the first decks...."

    The man paused as Sia was drawn away, her calling of Priestess taking precedence over her curiousity.  Leopold smiled and shuffled the deck lightly, his hands folding the cards into intricate patterns, arcs and even a cascading waterfall while he waited for Viewsk to return.


    From: MSN NicknameHiel-Sent: 2/18/2005 4:28 AM
    LOCATION: Starsinger Tower

    Kur'ai Galifrey, Arms Major of the Myth Drannor Akh'Velahr, Paladin of Torm ~ ~ ~ Ignoring Mishtu's sassy meow and departure from the room, the ancient Ithil'Quessir turns to the full length mirror near the bath tub, and casually turns left then right, studying his ageless, unchanging appearance in the reflection.  The numerous scars from terrible wounds suffered during the battles of his long life and the last days of Myth Drannor had completely vanished during his centuries long sleep in Reverie.  Only in the depths of his pale-violet, bluish-grey eyes, could the long centuries of the Knight's vast age be discerned with careful scrutiny.  The Arms Major notes that several of his wounds, from when the Hell Orc constricted its muscles about his body, were only partially healed in raw reddened bands across his back and neck.  Kur'ai opens his towel from about his waist, and quickly examines his slender legs, reassured that no other wounds were apparent on his body.  Cinching the towel back about his waist, the Elven Lord walks over to the Mage's vanity table, and after a quick perusal, yields up the hairbrush for which he'd searched.  With the hairbrush in hand, the Paladin walks over to the laboratory side of the tower level, stopping before the plants and window, and stares out at the moonlit land and the pale starlit sky beyond the walls of the tower as he repeatedly and slowly runs the brush through his long, platinum-white hair. ~ ~ ~

     ~ ~ ~ As the Tel'Quessir Maiden returns to her room, the Knight of old Myth Drannor stares sightlessly out the window at the scenery, his thoughts far away and distant from the physical location of his body and the spoken words of the Lady Mage unheard.  The hairbrush forgotten rests in the Tel'Quessir's hand.  The Paladin stood motionless before her collection of plants lost in a deep introspection of his past life, hunting Dragons, leading Armies of Elves into Battle and defending the great city of Myth Drannor, and a contemplation of his future in these strange lands.  The Ithil'Quessir strongly felt the Pull.  The Elven Home of Evermeet was calling to him, tugging on his heartstings, to leave the Land and Cares of Man behind and go into the West.  Would the God Torm permit him to retire from service to His Church was an equally compelling consideration, requiring a visit to one of His Temples.  Hopefully, there was one nearby in which to find the answer. ~ ~ ~

    Kur'ai Galifrey
    Translation(‡†):

  • Current HP:  45 / 58 [6th level]; THAC0 = 14;
  • Saving Throw: NA;
  • Ability Score Check: NA;
  • AC: -1 [AC Base = 0 (damaged plate mail & dexterity), NO shield (elsewhere... the Pit Lord), -1 w/in Paladin's aura; penalties = DM Call];
  • Initiative: NA;
  • Actions/Attacks: NA;
  • Results/Damages: NA;
  • Total Damage (rolled): NA;
  • Active Powers: Standard Paladin;


  • usertype:1 tt= 0

    --------------------------------------------------------------

    "Not all those who wander are lost..." ~ Tolkien

    Arienne
    Share to: Facebook Twitter MSN linkedin google yahoo 7# 



    Posts:429

    RE:Archive ~ Starsinger Tower ~
    (Date Posted:11/25/2008 8:17 PM)

    From: MSN NicknamemelchonSent: 2/21/2005 1:02 PM
     

     The Monk nodded in polite acknowledgement of Viewsk's return and Ariene's interest in the ring he had placed upon the table.   Lifting it lightly between a pair of fingers, Leopold spoke in his soft tone.

    "This is a Ring of Regeneration, as I have said.  But it is not just a mere Ring...no...no..."  Shaking his head in stern contemplation, the monk continued, "It is of the Vampiric sort, allowing the energy released to be captured and funelled back to it's wearer.  In effect, as your foe falls to the physical blows that you deal, the wounds that you have received are restored."

    Smiling in a tight line, he continues, "This is usually very disheartening to your foe, as despair sets in...it does have some limitations, as it will not bring one back from death or restore limbs as the more ordinary sort will.  But, unlike the more ordinary, it will restore wounds that were received while the ring was not being worn."

    Leopold spun the ring upon the table, allowing it's pure chime to sound as he watched the multiple eyes of Viewsk for a reaction.

    From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 2/24/2005 1:01 PM
    Arienne had been intent upon taking care of the knight's clothes and looked up as her question hung in silence and remained unanswered. She noted the heavy countenance of the beautiful elven man, and her own features softened with compassion. She turned her attention briefly back to his clothing and cast a Mend spell upon them anyway, figuring it would last a little while, even if the garments proved magical. Having done all she could at the moment for his clothes, the lovely mage decided to help their owner if she was able.
     
    Taking the stack of clothing with her, she approached Kurai and stood silently at his side, watching his eyes with interest. Finally, she laid a soft hand upon his shoulder, not wanting to startle him out of his reverie. "You're a million leagues away," she commented in her melodic voice. "I recognize that look, you know," she continued. "I have felt the draw of the West, myself, since having come here to Elmshade." Her sapphire eyes sought his own so that he could see that she did, indeed, understand. Deciding to change the subject, she held up the neat pile of clothing. "Good as new," she informed him with a smile.
     
    "Now that you've bathed and supped, if you'd like to rest before we talk, you may do so on my bed. Mishtu usually claims it as his, but don't let that bother you. He won't bother you. I must return downstairs for the moment." Her eyes sparkled with an amused cast. "Viewsk has entered into a game and needs me to help him cover the wager. The monk has quite an interesting magical ring, it seems." Something flickered in her gaze at the mention of magic items, and she looked around the room for the exquisite sword that Lord Galifrey possessed. The questions about it rushed to her mind but she quelled them for the moment, knowing that the knight had enough on his mind already, without having to satisfy her curiosity, too.
    From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 2/25/2005 12:59 PM

    Viewsk did indeed seem intrigued, not only by the spinning of the shiny ring, but because he knew that it was a rare magical find that Leopold was offering as a wager. He chewed on his lips as his stalks and main eye followed the ring’s dance with interest. "How you get this riiiing, friend Leopooooold?" he asked the man with his voice like rocks. "You win it in a gaaaame?" The beholder smiled widely again and blinked his central eye once as he waited for Arienne to get back. Some of his eye-stalks became side-tracked by the stew pot again, and he began drooling. Mother Siannodell hadn’t answered him when he asked about eating, and considering that everyone else had eaten, Viewsk decided he was entitled to the rest. After all, he was the only one who hadn’t had his dinner yet. Justifying his behavior to himself, he lifted the pot with his telekinetic powers and floated it over to his waiting maw. Then he used his eye-stalks to position it and dumped it down his throat without a second thought. "MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm," he commented after he had swallowed, and licked his dripping lips with a thick, black tongue. His main eye winced guiltily a few seconds later when Sia’s voice rang out in reproach.


    "Viewsk! What are you doing?! Now look, nobody else will be able to eat anymore because you’re such a pig! Just wait until Arienne hears about this!" The cleric had turned on the low couch that she occupied with Angel and was shaking her head in disappointment. "You know better than that," she said, and then turned her attention back to the young woman nearby. Sia laid a gentle hand on her shoulder and gave a heavy sigh. She really wasn’t sure what to say to Angel. She wanted to help the girl, but Sia felt her own faith and hope that things would turn out alright had recently been severely tested. "You’re not a nuisance, Angel," she told her at length. "And if you think Raven sent you here to keep you safe, then maybe the best thing to do would be to stay here for now and respect his wishes." Siannodell shifted on the seat and took a drink of her water. "The things that have happened recently have been enough to test all of us," she continued in a soft voice, laden with care. "But we mustn’t give up, Angel. Mielikki has a plan, and although we may not see it clearly, it doesn’t mean that it’s not a good plan. I know all of this must seem terribly strange to you, my dear. But I’m here. And Arienne is here to help, as she can. As for the woman in your father’s tower, I haven’t met her yet, so I don’t know what to tell you of her."

    From: Lita StarfireSent: 2/25/2005 1:36 PM
    Angel's Location: Starsinger Tower

     

    Angel looked at the reverend mother with a slight smile.  " Your right Reverend Mother, I should just have faith, now then, maybe I have something in here that can restore that eye of yours.  I know I made that potion of restoration from my father's book in here somewhere."  Angel says as she starts reading her potion bottle lables, searching for her restoration potion liquid.

    (tbc by anyone in tower)

    From: MSN NicknameHiel-Sent: 2/28/2005 2:23 AM
    LOCATION: Starsinger Tower

    Kur'ai Galifrey, Arms Major of the Myth Drannor Akh'Velahr, Paladin of Torm ~ ~ ~ At the warm gentle touch of the Tel'Quessir Maiden's hand on his shoulder, Lord Galifrey slightly shivers his pale skin tautens up into goose flesh beneath her finger tips, and slowly blinks, returning his distant thoughts to the present moment.  The ancient Ithil'Quessir turns his pale-violet grey blue eyes upon beautiful Elven Mage, and after she mentions the West, sofly tells her "I'm lost, adrift and without time, place or purpose.  Strongly do I feel the need to go into the West."  Kur'ai looks down at his freshly cleaned and repaired aketon, and wanely smiles at her, saying "Thank you, for these." trading the hairbrush for the garments from Arienne. ~ ~ ~

     ~ ~ ~ The Elven Knight shakes out the folded garments, examining the repairs Arienne's magic had made to them, and further shows his appreciation with a bow to her, sardonically saying "I sure hope there are some fine tailors in this town of yours otherwise I'm going to have a fairly limited wardrobe in which to dress myself."  The Arms Major takes the aketon behind the dressing partition, and while he dons the garment, tells Arienne "Thank you, but no, I feel fine aside from a little soreness.  And if my suspicions are even remotely correct, I've been resting for a very long time.  Your Eye-Tyrant likes to gamble, how strange."  The Noble of Old Myth Drannor steps out from behind the dressing screen, tying off the drawstrings to his pants, and returns the Elven Mage, picking up both the bowl of stew, cup of wine and the Ary'Velahr'Kerym from where he'd left it.  Kur'ai, slides the War Blade through the ties before offering Arienne his cleanly dressed arm, and asking "Shall we return to your other guests?" ~ ~ ~

    Kur'ai Galifrey
    Translation(‡†):

  • Current HP:  45 / 58 [6th level]; THAC0 = 14;
  • Saving Throw: NA;
  • Ability Score Check: NA;
  • AC: -1 [AC Base = 0 (damaged plate mail & dexterity), NO shield (elsewhere... the Pit Lord), -1 w/in Paladin's aura; penalties = DM Call];
  • Initiative: NA;
  • Actions/Attacks: NA;
  • Results/Damages: NA;
  • Total Damage (rolled): NA;
  • Active Powers: Standard Paladin;
  • From: MSN NicknamemelchonSent: 3/1/2005 8:47 AM
     

     Watching the spinning golden ring, Leopold was about to reply to Viewsk's question when the beholder was admonished.   A light chuckle escaped the monk before he spoke to the creature.

    "Ah...one can never escape the ringing commands of a house mother.  At least you have eaten well, Viewsk...that should take some of the sting out of the reprimand."

    Sighing, Leopold frowns as he listens to the conversations, then speaks quietly, "As well as we were tested, many of the powers that I utilized will require a week's rest to restore.  And we need that time to concoct the potions, poultices and weapons needed to combat any more foes of that demonic caliber."

    Shaking his head, the monk smiled briefly at the Beholder, "The tale is long and involved...but it started when I was being chased by the Avatar of Gruumsh across the plains of Gehenna."

    Settling in for a long tale, the Monk looks about for another goblet of wine.

    From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 3/1/2005 1:09 PM

    Siannodell shook her head and laid a soft hand on Angel’s arm as she was searching through her bag. "No, my dear," she told her with a saddened expression. "It won’t do any good, I’m afraid. I’d thought of doing the same thing, but it seems to be Mielikki’s will that I give up an eye for Her." The priestess forced a faint smile. "If that is all she requires of me, then I count myself lucky. But thank you for the thought, Angel. You have a good heart." Sia took another drink of her water and set the glass down, turning to look over the back of the low couch at Leopold. She nodded at his words. "Yes, you’re absolutely right, Leopold. I don’t know if there will be more demons like the ones we faced, but I’d rather be prepared in case there are. If the Weremacht’s involved, I’d bet that lovely ring of yours that there will be more attacks on the village." She looked at Angel again. "What sort of potions can you make, my dear? Can you help make the potions and poultices we might need?"


    Viewsk didn’t feel guilty for long. "BLUHHHhhhhhhhhh!" he belched and grinned immediately afterwards. "Mmmm...stew gooooooood. Pot not taste so goooood. But Viewsk feel MUCH better now." Sia favored him with a disgusted look that made him chuckle. "Heh heh hehhhhhh.....my compliments to the coooook," he told her with an exaggerated wink of an eye-stalk. Sia just rolled her good eye, shook her head to herself and focused on what Angel was saying again. The beholder bobbed with interest when Leo mentioned the Orcish God and other planes. "OHHhhhhhh..." he remarked, floating closer with curiosity. "Now THAT sound like a goooooood stoooory," he said in his rough, grating voice. "You tell?" he asked the monk politely.


    Arienne quickly debated how much to explain to Lord Galifrey about exactly where and when he was at the moment. She knew by his admission that he already suspected that he wasn’t in his own time, but it might be more than he could or would be able to bear at the present if she were to tell him the truth. Arienne had adventured in the ruined elven city from whence Kur’ai hailed. She knew his name because she had studied the ancient writings salvaged from the wreck of that once beautiful city. The lore had been considered ancient at the time she had studied them...and that had been close to a century ago. The sorceress decided that silence on the issue was perhaps a better choice for now. Arienne simply nodded her understanding and acknowledgment of what he must be feeling. Not wanting to burden the handsome, well-mannered elf’s mind more than it already was, she gladly accepted his proffered arm and accompanied him downstairs. They returned to the main hall just in time to hear Viewsk’s thundering burp and his subsequent remarks.

    The silver-haired beauty glanced around and immediately noticed that the stew pot was missing. She knew the beholder well enough to speculate where it might have ended up, and the mage uttered a rueful sigh. Viewsk was a good guardian for her tower, and she didn’t doubt his loyalty to her in the slightest, but he certainly tried her patience at times. "EXCUSE YOU," she said from behind the floating eye tyrant after clearing her throat. All of Viewsk’s stalks whipped around in surprise and meekly lowered until they touched his fat body. Then he slowly rotated until his main eye was facing his mistress. Arienne had gently slipped her arm from the knight’s and crossed them both over her chest, looking at the beholder with a stern expression. "Care to explain where dinner went, Viewsk?" she asked in a sardonic tone.

    The beholder’s expression turned contrite and he gave the elven woman his best "lost puppy" look....which was rather amusing, considering how many eyes he had to work with. "Uh...." he started. "Uhhhhhh...we alllllllll ate some," he said with a bright smile, knowing the answer wasn’t what Arienne was expecting, but trying to stay out of trouble. The ploy didn’t work as well as he hoped, but Arienne had too much on her mind at the moment to pursue the matter. Instead, she turned to Leopold, Kur’ai and Angel and gave them a somewhat embarrassed smile. "Please forgive his manners," she asked of them. "I haven’t had time to tend to his etiquette training yet." She noticed that Leo’s goblet was empty and took it upon herself to refill it from one of the skins on the table.

    From: Lita StarfireSent: 3/2/2005 12:47 AM

    Sent: 2/25/2005 1:36 PM
    Angel's Location: Starsinger Tower

     

    Angel reguarded Siaonadell's words with a solomn interest.  " I understand reverend mother."  She then looked back around, making sure that she didn't miss someone, and realized that she didn't give Mistress Arienne anything, she goes to give her one, but Sia speaks to her once again.  " Reverend mother, I can make almost anything if I have a recipe for it, some I can make from memory, like some cures and heals and poision removers.  I can even make numbing and sleeping potions,  but the major cure ones, like this full cure potion, that removes all scars and heals the strength back, I have to have the recipie for."

    (tbc by anyone in tower)




    (Message edited by Arienne On 11/25/2008 8:20 PM)
    usertype:1 tt= 0

    --------------------------------------------------------------

    "Not all those who wander are lost..." ~ Tolkien

    Arienne
    Share to: Facebook Twitter MSN linkedin google yahoo 8# 



    Posts:429

    RE:Archive ~ Starsinger Tower ~
    (Date Posted:11/25/2008 8:25 PM)

    From: MSN NicknameHiel-Sent: 3/3/2005 12:19 PM
    LOCATION: Starsinger Tower

    Kur'ai Galifrey, Arms Major of the Myth Drannor Akh'Velahr, Paladin of Torm ~ ~ ~ Kur'ai gives a dubious frown at the possibility of even training the Beholder to behave in a MORE civilized manner beyond what it had already displayed thus far in their recent socializings. He descends down to floor level, and walks past the others gathered in the Mage's Tower to the fireplace. The Paladin of Torm sets the bowl of stew and glass of wine upon the mantle of the fireplace, and turns to the others, carefully studying each of them without the distraction and stress of battle interferring. ~ ~ ~

     ~ ~ ~ Looking at the young woman (Angel), the Elven Lord remembers seeing her as the battle raged with the Hell Orc, and notes her affinity for magicks. Turning his gaze upon the aged, careworn woman who'd lost her eye in the battle with demon, the Servant of Torm discerns the beauty of the High Priestess she possessed in her youth and how her years of service dedicated to her diety had bestowed upon her an imperturbable serennity. The Ithil'Quessir shifts his gaze over to the strange, white-haired human, whose unusual manner of fighting was a curiosity to the Elven Knight, who'd never seen such mystical skills before in his long life.  All good people his senses told him, but still strangers to the Defender of Myth Drannor. ~ ~ ~

     ~ ~ ~ No longer the powerful Paladin of the time preceding the Fall of Myth Drannor, the Elven Knight still resolutely steps forward, keeping the fireplace behind him, and following proper etiquette takes charge, crisply announcing in lyrical Elven translated into Common "Please give me your attention.  Now that we've all had a chance to refresh ourselves, it's time for proper introductions."  Kur'ai looks over the congregation making sure everyone's attention was on him, and once certain that was the case, introduces himself, saying "I am Kur'ai, Lord of House Galifrey, Arms Major of Myth Drannor, Paladin of Torm the Defender."  The Elven Lord slightly bows to the assemblage, and turns toward the white-haired, human Warrior, whom he'd fought beside against the Demon Orc, for him to go next in the round of introductions. ~ ~ ~

    Kur'ai Galifrey
    Translation(‡†):

  • Current HP:  45 / 58 [6th level]; THAC0 = 14;
  • Saving Throw: NA;
  • Ability Score Check: NA;
  • AC: 5 [AC Base = 6 (dexterity), -1 w/in Paladin's aura; penalties = DM Call];
  • Initiative: NA;
  • Actions/Attacks: NA;
  • Results/Damages: NA;
  • Total Damage (rolled): NA;
  • Active Powers: Standard Paladin;
  • From: Lita StarfireSent: 3/3/2005 1:31 PM
    Angel's Location: Starsinger Tower

     

    Angel listened as Lord Galifrey made his introduction and decided that she as well should introduce herself.  She stands and bows to the Paladin and smiles.   " Greetings Lord Galifrey, I am Angel Moonsinger, White Wizard apprentence to the Ivory Tower.  It is an honor to meet you, and welcome you to our home here in Elmshade."  She then takes out a small blue bottle and approches him, " Please accept this gift as my welcome to you."
    (tbc by anyone in tower)



    * The bottle is one of the full heal bottles she gave to everyone else. 1/3rd of a drink will fully remove all scars and heal strength.*

    From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 3/3/2005 8:51 PM
    Viewsk eye-balled the strange elf and thought to himself that he reminded him of Mistress Arienne. Maybe it was the pale hair or the bluish eyes. He'd seen other elves since being in Elmshade, but none of them had ever looked like Arienne. Until now. He didn't understand the intricacies of etiquette, and didn't understand that he should have waited for the monk to introduce himself first. He floated forward a little and said, "I Viewsk. Since you a Loooooord, you have a castle? You have gooooold? You a magic user, toooooo? You want to plaaaaaay a gaaaaame?" he asked in his gravelly voice. It was clear that the beholder was full of curiosity for this elf who reminded him so much of his Mistress.

    Mother Siannodell had politely given the knight her attention and blinked incredulously as he introduced himself. She had heard of the famous, ancient ruined city and wondered that there were even any elves who still defended it. She had thought it abandoned long ago to the monsters and creatures who inhabited the wilds around it. Sia turned her eye to Arienne with a questioning look, her puzzlement obvious. Arienne met her gaze and shook her head once, the movement being so minute as to be almost indiscernable. But it was enough. Siannodell understood not to ask questions at the moment. Instead, she politely waited for Leopold to introduce himself. Then she would explain who she was to Lord Galifrey.
    From: MSN NicknamemelchonSent: 3/7/2005 8:41 PM
     

     Leopold rose and smiled quietly before speaking to the newcomer.  "I am Leopold, Master of Winter, of the Order of the Crane.  Some call me the Gambling Monk, but I prefer to be known as the master of diamondback."

    He paused, waiting for the group to settle into a routine before starting his story once more.


    From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 3/9/2005 6:42 PM
    The priestess looked from the monk she had already grown quite fond of, to the elven knight who looked so poised and yet, so lost. The expression she wore was contemplative, and Sia wondered for the thousandth time at the strange age in which they were all living. Then she spoke in her mild, comforting voice. Again, she looked from Leopold to Kur'ai. "Both of you are far from home and were still willing to help us, virtual strangers, defend against minions from the Abyss." She bowed her head to each in turn. "I can't begin to find the words to thank you both. If it is Mielikki's will, you will both be rewarded as we can raise the funds."
     
    Sia looked down at her lap for a moment in thought and then back to Kur'ai, meeting his gaze with her one, good eye. "Welcome, Lord Galifrey. I am High Priestess Siannodell Orindes, formerly of the Temple of the Alliance of the Faiths here in Elmshade, devotee of Her Almighty Green-ness, Mielikki. I've been here in Elmshade for many, many years now, and I have to say that there is no other place in the realms where I would rather live. But lately, our small village has been plagued by troubles that none should ever have to endure."
     
    Forcing a smile, she looked back at Leopold. "I just wanted you to know that you're always welcome at the Temple and in Elmshade, as long as I'm around. We will rebuild the temple again...someday. Maybe you can enlighten us, though, on the best way to fight such demonic foes, if they come back? You seemed to do pretty well against those we fought."
    From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 3/9/2005 7:32 PM
    Arienne listened as the others introduced themselves and she took a temporary seat on the arm of the low couch. She watched Leopold with interest, glad that he had come to Mother Siannodell's aid when he had. The elven sorceress knew that Viewsk would pester her to death until she came up with an appropriate wager for their game, and she was silently betting that whatever treasure she gave, the 'master of diamondback' would probably walk away with it fair and square. But that didn't matter, because Arienne knew that his help had been invaluable in defeating the demons, and so nothing she could give him would equal the lives he had helped to save. She considered offering him more, just to enlist his future help when the Weremacht's minions returned. For she was certain they would return...it was just a matter of when.
     
    Her attention shifted to Sia as the priestess spoke, and then to Kur'ai. Arienne again debated how much to reveal to the knight, unsure of what his reaction might be. She wanted him to stay, too, equally as certain that his fighting prowess would be necessary to ward off future attacks on the village. The fact that the demons had attacked the Temple, which had already been destroyed once before, worried her more than she admitted. If we had that much trouble defending the sturdy, solid Temple from only two enemies...how can we ever hope to defend any of the village from other attacks which might involve many more enemies? Her sharp mind kept turning the problem over, approaching it from different angles, and she still had no solution.
     
    Pushing her frustration to the back of her mind for the sake of propriety, she looked at Lord Galifrey as Siannodell finished speaking. "And I am Arienne Starsinger," she began in her smooth, melodic voice. "One of the three mages of the Trinity which guards Elmshade. The other two Trinity members are Raven and Silvara. You can see their respective towers close by." The lovely sylvan woman kept her arms crossed over her chest and tried to muster a faint smile, although she felt tired and stressed. "I'd like to echo Mother Siannodell's words," she told him and then also turned towards Leo. "You are both very welcome here, and we thank you for the tremendous aid you have already bestowed upon us. Any future help will be greatly appreciated, though I should warn you: the foes we may face in the coming days may very well spell our doom. I fear that far greater trials than those we recently conquered await us."
     
    She glanced at Angel with a sober expression. "I have several useful potion and salve recipes. I'll need all your help in preparing them, Angel. And soon we must call upon your father and Silvara to help us, as well." Finally, Arienne fell silent again, as Mishtu came gliding down the stairs, his bat wings spread wide. "Mrrrrow," he said in Catra language. He landed, then padded over to Arienne and jumped up into her lap, purring loudly. She looked down at her familiar with an affectionate smile, and began to pet him.
     
    From: MSN NicknameHiel-Sent: 3/11/2005 12:00 PM
    LOCATION: Starsinger Tower

    Kur'ai Galifrey, Arms Major of the Myth Drannor Akh'Velahr, Paladin of Torm ~ ~ ~ With a slight frown marring his brow and his lips thinly compressed together in disapproval, the Elven Lord turns from the long, white bearded man to the one who calls herself Angel Moonsinger, and holds in check his rebuke of the young woman's breach of etiquette, reminding himself that he was a stranger to this place.  This was NOT Myth Drannor nor the Court Assembly of Noble Houses.  The Arms Major releases the annoyance and affront he felt towards the woman, who in all likelihood was untrained in matters of etiquette, and relaxes his expression, returning Angel's bow with a deep nod of his head to her.  Kur'ai uncertainly looks down at the small blue bottle, resolving to ask her later what is in it, and in his crisp tenor voice, tells her "Thank you, Lady Moonsinger." before returning his attention back to the Monk. ~ ~ ~

     ~ ~ ~ Awaiting the skilled Master's introduction, the Paladin of Torm agains compresses his lips thinly together in annoyance at yet another interruption from a completely predictable source... the Beholder Viewsk.  Lord Galifrey schools his expression to keep the annoyance he felt from showing, and as rapidly as the Eye Tyrant asks questions fires the answer back, sharply saying "No, I..." reluctant to admit the loss of Myth Drannor "HAVE a city.  No, gold is worthless.  Only life is valuable.  No, I am Arms Major... Commander of the Army of the Ahk'Velahr of Myth Drannor.  No, I have questions that must be answered, and must see to my armor."  The Elven Knight turns his attention from curious Beholder back to Leopold, holding his angst in check at the possibility of Torm forbid another interruption. ~ ~ ~ 

     ~ ~ ~ At last, the Master of Winter, to whom the initial honor and respect of first introduction was extended, gave up his name to which the Elven Lord bowed much more fully to the man out of respect for his combat skills against the Demon Orc.  "I am most honored to meet you, Master Diamondback.  Your skills at unarmed combat are most impressive.  I am please you did not fall during the battle." intones the Arms Major, before turning his attention to Siannodell, the next most worthy of honor and respect in the round of introductions having also fought beside him. ~ ~ ~ 

     ~ ~ ~ Carefully watching the elderly High Priestess, the ancient Ithil'Quessir makes a barely perceptible nod, when She confirms one of his suspicions about him being far from Myth Drannor, and after She finishes speaking to Leopold, clears his throat before solemnly apologizing "High Priestess, I will accept no reward, and please accept my sincere regrets over the loss of your acolyte.  I'm sorry I could not save her as I did the other member of your clergy.  May her spirity find peace with the Goddess Mielikki."  Kur'ai bows to the Servant of Mielikki before turning his attention to the Mistress of the Tower. ~ ~ ~ 

     ~ ~ ~ After Arienne makes them feel welcomed to Elmshade, Lord Galifrey bows to the Mage, and discerning her tired state, tells her "Thank you, Lady Starsinger.  In deference to the events of the day, the lateness of the hour and your guests, let us speak, with your approval, of other matters on the morrow." ~ ~ ~ 

     ~ ~ ~ Kur'ai takes bowl of stew from the mantle, and samples some of it, lifting both pale eyebrows mildly surprised and approving of the flavor and who cooked the food.  He raises the bowl to Siannodell in approval of her meal, and finishes off contents before taking a sip of the wine.  The Elven Knight carries the bowl over to the main table, and takes a seat to relax while sipping from his wine glass before attending to his armor. ~ ~ ~

    Kur'ai Galifrey
    Translation(‡†):

  • Current HP:  45 / 58 [6th level]; THAC0 = 14;
  • Saving Throw: NA;
  • Ability Score Check: NA;
  • AC: 5 [AC Base = 6 (dexterity), -1 w/in Paladin's aura; penalties = DM Call];
  • Initiative: NA;
  • Actions/Attacks: NA;
  • Results/Damages: NA;
  • Total Damage (rolled): NA;
  • Active Powers: Standard Paladin;
  • From: MSN NicknamemelchonSent: 3/13/2005 12:58 PM
     

    Leopold nodded to all within the chamber, then spoke softly as if considering the future, "It is true that the demons we faced were formidable...but they suffered at a disadvantage..they were not at home within the celestrial bureacuarcy."

    Nodding to himself, he looked at each person within the chamber and then continued in a wistful tone, "It will be a pleasure to forestall their arrivals....but we must first gather the strength for such a confrontation...purify our intent, wills and spirits through practice, mediation and ritual."

    Rising, he bows lightly and smiled curiously, as if hinting of things beyond the knowledge of the group, "Where might one such as I find rest undistrubed?  I find the need to contemplate the best way to defeat these visitors from the nether hells....one would surmise that divine aid would be forthcoming yet again in the form of dreams, omens and prophecies."

    With a chuckle, the monk corrected the arms major, "I am Leopold, though if you wish to utilize my title, I am a Master of Winter.  Though who can said to master the elements of nature?  Perhaps, Winter's Companion would be better?"

    He looks at Sia and speaks but a phrase, "Commune with Nature" and then to Arienne, "Legend Lore"; before finishing, "Power is oft utilized in different forms, much like the waters of winter."



    usertype:1 tt= 0

    --------------------------------------------------------------

    "Not all those who wander are lost..." ~ Tolkien

    Arienne
    Share to: Facebook Twitter MSN linkedin google yahoo 9# 



    Posts:429

    RE:Archive ~ Starsinger Tower ~
    (Date Posted:11/25/2008 8:29 PM)

    From: Lita StarfireSent: 3/14/2005 12:10 AM
    Angel's Location: Starsinger Tower

     

    Angel looked at the paladin as he seemed to kind of stare at her with a weird distrust or something.  She brushed it off and smiled as he accepted her healing potion.  She then turned to look at Arienne as she spoke to her.  Angel nodded with a slight bow.  " Yes Mistress Arienne, I will help you with whatever you need."  Angel then went and packed her potion and herb kit and waited.  She watched in silence as everyone talked.  Unsure of herself as a wizard, and more concerned for the health of her father, than anything. 

    (tbc by anyone in tower)

    From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 3/17/2005 10:02 AM
    Sia smiled at Leopold's words. "Yes," she agreed. "I must go speak with the Goddess to discover what her plans for me might be. You are wise, Leo. However, I'll do that tomorrow morning. Right now, I need some sleep."
     
     
     
     

    The thought ran through Arienne's mind that it was high time she made a place in her tower in case she ever had guests sleep over. Used to living alone, the beautiful elf had never had to worry much about visitors staying the night. She had only concerned herself with her familiar, her guardians....well, and Pheral and Drannon, too, she thought. But Pheral was dragon-kin and didn't need a bed. And Drannon, her ranger-friend, had used Pheral as his bed, curling up against her scaly hide...so the need for a spare bedroom had never arisen. Until now.
     
    "I'm sorry that I don't have a spare bedroom," she said with an apologetic tone to all of them. A slight flush accompanied the words, as she felt embarrassed by admitting such a thing. "I know that most people have at least one extra bed, in case they have company, but I...I so rarely have guests, you see." Her delicate hands spread out as she talked, trying to help her explain why she was lacking in what was usually a fundamental for nobles. They don't know you're noble, though, Arie, her conscience reminded her.
     
    "However, I do know a spell that will create a wonderful place for all of you to spend the night. But I must create it outside of the tower, so it does not disrupt the energies of my home. If you're ready, please follow me." The sorceress smiled at them and led them outside to the lee side of her tower, where there was a small, open field of lush grass before the orchard began. Arienne looked up at the starry sky and took a deep, cleansing breath. The smile she gave them next was more genuine, less tired.
     
    She concentrated her will and energy and began to cast her magic. The wind picked up a bit and blew her long, mithril curls around her softly pointed face. As she spoke the archaic syllables, the others could feel the magical energies building and it almost felt like there was a static electricity in the air around her.
     
    Within a few minutes, an ornate set of double doors appeared in the air before them. It was made of mahogany with ivory inlays and brass handles. "One Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion, at your service," she smiled with a bow. "It will last many hours, and I will awaken you all before the spell expires," Arienne explained. "Please," she said, opening one of the doors. "Make yourselves at home and sleep well. We can all talk on the morrow, if it suits."
    From: Hiel TroiyeSent: 3/18/2005 2:22 AM
    LOCATION: Starsinger Tower

    Kur'ai Galifrey, Arms Major of the Myth Drannor Akh'Velahr, Paladin of Torm ~ ~ ~ The Paladin of Torm neatly gathers up his loose armor from the table into an organized pile easily carried, and follows after the others outside.  He watches with interest as Arienne works her summoning magic to bring forth a place for them to stay.  The Elven Lord, having seen this magic performed long ago in his past, nods impressed at the Tel'Quessir Maiden's ability to work such powerful magics, and at the doorway, quietly tells her "Your arcane knowledge is great. I've only known a few of the akh'faern whose skill at the Art were able to work such powerful spells."  Kur'ai allows the others to precede him into the mansion before entering himself. ~ ~ ~

    Kur'ai Galifrey
    Translation(‡†):

  • Current HP:  45 / 58 [6th level]; THAC0 = 14;
  • Saving Throw: NA;
  • Ability Score Check: NA;
  • AC: 5 [AC Base = 6 (dexterity), -1 w/in Paladin's aura; penalties = DM Call];
  • Initiative: NA;
  • Actions/Attacks: NA;
  • Results/Damages: NA;
  • Total Damage (rolled): NA;
  • Active Powers: Standard Paladin;

  • From: Lita StarfireSent: 3/18/2005 4:40 AM
    Angel's Location: Starsinger Tower

     

    Angel sees the mansion and then smiles at Mistess Arienne.   " Thank you for the offer, but I think I need to get home.  I have work to do and items to study.  If you need me mistress, you know how to call."  Angel gathers her things and then with a wave of her hand, summons a crystal staff with a shimmering moon shaped saphfire stone on top, and then prepairs to take off the the Ivory Tower, saying her good byes.

    (tbc by anyone in tower)

    From: MSN NicknamemelchonSent: 3/18/2005 8:43 AM
     

     Leopold smiles as the group prepares to enter the summoned abode.  With a light bow, he speaks to Angel before she departs, "May the four winds blow behind you, speeding you on to your hearth."

    Turning after he wished their companion a safe journey, the Monk frowned lightly and spoke, "Shouldn't we warn those who venture within about the dangers of unfolding nexus points while in such a structure?"   Laughing lightly, he contjnues, "I do not relish venturing to Gehenna at the moment."

    The diminutative man, waits patiently outside the conjured structure.

    From: MSN NicknamemelchonSent: 3/22/2005 3:08 PM
        Leopold folded his hands within the volumous sleeves of his robe, waiting for a response to his words.
    From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 3/23/2005 9:52 PM
    Arienne smiled away the compliment given her by the handsome paladin, casting her sapphire eyes down demurely. "Thank you," she said in a humble voice. Then she nodded at Angel's words. "I understand, Angel. If you would be so kind as to let Raven know that I need to speak with him soon, if he's up to it, I would appreciate it. I'll also need your help in preparing those things we spoke of earlier. When all is ready, I shall call you, or send a messenger. Thank you for coming by to let me know how things fare at the Ivory Tower. The coming days will be telling if we are all prepared or not." The sorceress then turned her attention to Leopold as Viewsk came floating outside behind them all.
     
    "No gaaaaaaame?" he whined plaintively. It was a curious sight, indeed, to see a beholder pout. His larger-than-life mouth made the expression quite amusing. His eyestalks drooped as he sulked. Arienne gave the eye tyrant a patient smile and said, "They need rest, Viewsk. Perhaps you can game tomorrow, alright?" Viewsk was clearly non-plussed with the idea, but he knew better than to press the issue. "Mehhhhhh," he growled and floated back inside, muttering to himself with disappointment. Arienne watched him go and shook her head, then looked at the monk again.
     
    "Ah, you're right. Thank you. I'm glad you reminded me." The elf looked at Leopold, Siannodell and Kurai. "The mansion will last approximately 15 hours, but as I said, I will awaken you before the spell expires. There are a couple of things you need to be aware of, as Leopold has so kindly reminded me. First," she said, holding up one slender finger. "Be sure you don't open any kind of extra-dimensional spaces like portable holes, warp marbles, dimension doors, rope tricks...you know, anything that leads directly or indirectly to another plane, space or dimension. Doing this inside the mansion will cause a rip in the continuum, and who knows where you will end up."
     
    Holding the door open invitingly, Arienne continued. "Secondly, the food inside is very good, but it isn't real, so whatever you eat inside, it will seem to sustain you while in the mansion. But know that you still need real food to nourish you. I'll make breakfast or lunch for everyone tomorrow, so you needn't worry about that. Lastly, you will not be disturbed, and may come and go as you like, though I would recommend staying inside for the remainder of the night. Now, I bid you all good dreaming and ask you to make yourselves at home. The servants inside will attend you, if you like. I shall return on the morrow and wake you. If there is nothing else, I will retire to the tower for the night." She waited for everyone to enter and began mentally running through the list of things she had to accomplish during the night as her guests slept.

    ((OOC: For those unfamiliar with Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion, here is the spell explanation:

    Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion (Alteration, Conjuration)

       Range: 10 yards
       Components: V, S, M
       Duration: 1 hour/level
       Casting Time: 7 rounds
       Area of Effect: 300 sq. ft./level
       Saying Throw: None

        By means of this spell,  the  wizard  conjurcs  up  an extradimensional dwelling, entrance to which can be gained only at a single point of  space on the plane from which the spell was cast. For the  entry  point,  those creatures observing the area see only a faint shimmering in the air, in an area four feet wide and eight feet high. The caster ot the spell  controls entry to the mansion, and the portal is shut and made invisible behind him when he enters. He may open it again from his own side at will. 

    Once observers have passed beyond the entrance, they behold a magnificent foyer and numerous  chambers beyond.  The  place  is  furnished  and  contains sufficient foodstuffs to serve a nine-course banquet to as many dozens of people as the spellcaster has levels of experience. There is a staff of near transparent servants, liveried and obedient, there to wait upon all who enter. The atmosphere is clean, fresh, and warm. Since the place can be entered only through its special portal, outside conditions do not affect the mansion, nor do conditions inside it pass to the plane beyond.

    Rest and relaxation within the place is normal, but the food is not. It seems excellent and quite filling as long as one is within the place. Once outside, however, its effects disappear  immediately, and if those resting have not eaten real food within a reasonable time span, ravenous hunger strikes. Failure to eat normal food immediately results in the onset of fatigue or starvation penalties as decided by the DM.
    The material components of this spell are a miniature portal carved from ivory, a small piece of polished marble, and a tiny silver  spoon. These are utterly destroyed when the spell is cast. (It is worth mentioning that this spell has been used in conjunction with a normal portal, as well as with illusion magic. There is evidence that the design and interior of the space created can be altered to suit the caster's wishes.)


    usertype:1 tt= 0

    --------------------------------------------------------------

    "Not all those who wander are lost..." ~ Tolkien

    Arienne
    Share to: Facebook Twitter MSN linkedin google yahoo 10# 



    Posts:429

    RE:Archive ~ Starsinger Tower ~
    (Date Posted:11/25/2008 8:32 PM)

    From: MSN NicknameHiel-Sent: 3/26/2005 2:51 AM
    LOCATION: Starsinger Tower

    Kur'ai Galifrey, Arms Major of the Myth Drannor Akh'Velahr, Paladin of Torm ~ ~ ~ "Torm's Protection upon you, and a pleasant evening, Mi'Lady Starsinger." quietly intones the Elven Lord, cordially bowing to the Elven Enchantress, before retiring within the Mansion.  Kur'ai, having no inclinations whatsoever toward sleep, resolutely walks into the lavish living room, his voice commandingly rings off the walls as he orders of the servants, "Light a fire in the hearth.  Bring me hot water in several buckets, towels, coarse brushes and an armor stand for platemail.  Pour me a glass of Elverquisst." and fluidly sits in one of the plush, high-backed leather chairs, stretching his legs out before him crossed at the ankles.  The Paladin of Torm sets the bundle of his Mithril plate mail beside him on the floor, and absently stares into the darkened fire place, waiting for the servants carry out his commands. ~ ~ ~

    Kur'ai Galifrey
    Translation(‡†):

  • Current HP:  45 / 58 [6th level]; THAC0 = 14;
  • Saving Throw: NA;
  • Ability Score Check: NA;
  • AC: 5 [AC Base = 6 (dexterity), -1 w/in Paladin's aura; penalties = DM Call];
  • Initiative: NA;
  • Actions/Attacks: NA;
  • Results/Damages: NA;
  • Total Damage (rolled): NA;
  • Active Powers: Standard Paladin;
  • Items:  Blue Potion Bottle (Healing & Strength Restorative);
  • From: MSN NicknamemelchonSent: 3/26/2005 9:35 AM
      

     Leopold smiled quietly to Arienne as he moved within the spacious mansion.  Taking slow strides that nonetheless eat up the distance with surprising quickness, the Monk moved into a chamber.

    With the ease of long practice, he settled onto the floor, folding his legs into the standard meditative position and promptly focused his mind and body on rejevenation and restoration.

    It would take almost a week before he was completely balanced within his Ki, but then they might not have a week.  One could only hope that the demons were sufficiently displaced to allow them the time.

    From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 3/28/2005 9:02 PM
    Arienne gave another slight smile to the paladin, though it didn't reach her worried eyes. "Thank you, and to you as well, Lord Galifrey," she responded. Siannodell hadn't accompanied them inside and took the mage aside to whisper to her for a moment before entering the mansion. Arienne nodded her understanding and gently shut the doors to the spell as the High Priestess entered and sank into one of the numerous plush chairs around the fireplace, drawing her legs up into the chair as she had done as a child.
     
    Within moments of Kurai's requests, the ariel servants had lit a roaring fire, and brought three steaming buckets of water hot enough to scald,  a large stack of fluffy, white towels, three heavy scouring brushes made of boars' bristles and a heavy wooden stand strong enough to support the weight of his armor. Yet another servant wisped over to him with an expensive-looking silver goblet of Everquisst resting on a silver tray and set it down on the small table near where the elven lord reclined. It hovered for a few seconds more, waiting to see if there was anything else required of it.
     
    Siannodell gave a quiet request of the shifting air-form near her and it soon brought her a wine goblet, as well, though hers contained only normal red wine. She thanked the servant and watched the dancing flames of the fire with her good eye, lost in thought as she sipped from her cup.
     
    Arienne returned to her tower and she, too, felt in need of a strong drink to take the edge off of her thoughts. She soon had her own goblet and retired to her room upstairs. Saying the command word that opened the trap door in the roof, she floated up with her ring and landed near a mass of shiny, black feathers.
     
    Spyke was soon snuffling at her and drawing her close to him with his long, leathery tail. Arienne gave a heavy sigh and leaned against the massive Sithican wyvern, enjoying the musky scent and heat he emitted. "I do not understand why things work as they do," she confided to her pet. "I have no explanation for the events that have been set in motion, my friend. Nor am I likely to discover them anytime soon." Arienne settled in closer to the wyvern and took a drink. Her blue eyes studied the night sky with sadness, watching the stars as they wheeled in their never-ending cosmic dance. "I have no desire to sing to them these days, Spyke. The recent troubles have taken precedence over pleasurable activities...." Again, the sorceress sighed and took another sip from her goblet. "I fear we shall not have the power to defeat them if they return, my friend. Thank the Gods that Raven is alright..." She stroked the wyvern's smooth snout as he softly breathed on her, crooning to her in an almost inaudible purr.
     
    After about an hour, she descended to her room again and noticed that the Dias sphere was blinking, meaning that Raven or Silvara had called a meeting. Feeling too drained to answer in person, Arienne settled onto the couch at the center of her bedroom and relaxed, placing one delicate hand on the crystal ball and closing her eyes. Immediately, a ghostly image of her appeared at the dias, but no one was there. The ghost frowned and set off in search of one of the other Trinity Mages. She found Raven sitting quietly near the temple.
    From: MSN NicknameHiel-Sent: 3/30/2005 10:19 AM
    LOCATION: Mordenkainen's Mansion outside the Starsinger Tower

    Kur'ai Galifrey, Arms Major of the Myth Drannor Akh'Velahr, Paladin of Torm ~ ~ ~ After a moment of quiet introspection, the Elven Lord reaches over, taking the goblet of Elverquisst, and holds it up before the flames of the fire place, examining the color of the drink before sniffing at its fragrance.  Lord Galifrey then sips of the exquisite Elven drink, and nods his approval of its flavor.  The ancient Ithil'Quessir tells the hovering servant, "Bring a canvas drop cloth, a sword stand and keep my glass filled with Elverquisst." and sits up in the leather chair, laying the Ary'Velhar'Kerym on the endtable next to his right elbow. ~ ~ ~

     ~ ~ ~ Once those items are brought, Kur'ai slides the War Blade free of its bejeweled sheath, and sets it in the sword stand to its mental haranguings 'Manke naa lye sii'?  Mani naa sina yamen'?  Uma lle lemba amin n'e en i' essakwentra, AU'?  Amin sinta tanya naa lad engwaristima!  Ya naa i'edainme?  Mani naa lye auta um, sii?'*  The Paladin of Torm heavily sighs at the mental barrage, buffeting his inner ear, and slides the first bucket of hot water over before him, while mentally answering 'A mansion of magic.  Yes.  Siannodell, a High Priestess to Mielikki.  I'm going to clean your scabbard, my armor, find out if the High Priestess knows where the nearest Temple of Torm is located, find out if the armor can be repaired here, try to find my shield and other weapons in the ruins, find out if Torm will gift unto me a new steed, find out what has happened to Myth Drannor, find out where and who rules over the Tel'Quessir, travel to wherever the Temple of Torm is, find out from the Priests if He will release me from his service to go into the West, AND UNLESS there is NO good reason for me to remain in this realm, travel to those who rule over the Tel'Quessir for passage into the West.  That about covers it.' to which the Long Sword, nonpulsed replies 'Aiya.'** then falls silent.  After explaining all those things, the Elven Lord looks up from his work on the Mithril platemail, and in his lilting aristorcratic tenor, asks "High Priestess, your pardon, where might I find the nearest Temple to Torm?"[Waterdeep, Sundabar] ~ ~ ~

    Kur'ai Galifrey
    Translation(‡†):
    * = 'Where are we now? What is this place? Did you leave me out of the introductions, AGAIN? You know that's just rude. Who's the woman? What are we going to do NOW?'
    ** = 'Oh.'
     

  • Current HP:  45 / 58 [6th level]; THAC0 = 14;
  • Saving Throw: NA;
  • Ability Score Check: NA;
  • AC: 5 [AC Base = 6 (dexterity), -1 w/in Paladin's aura; penalties = DM Call];
  • Initiative: NA;
  • Actions/Attacks: NA;
  • Results/Damages: NA;
  • Total Damage (rolled): NA;
  • Active Powers: Standard Paladin;
  • Items:  Blue Potion Bottle (Healing & Strength Restorative);
  • From: Lita StarfireSent: 4/1/2005 7:22 AM
    (note: After leaving Starsinger Tower, Angel's actions are continued on the general board under the rp, " A New Winter." Thanks)
    From: MSN NicknameArienne_StarsingerSent: 5/2/2005 11:51 AM
    Siannodell turned from watching the flames' dance and regarded the elven knight thoughtfully. She took a drink before answering him, her voice quiet with an underlying anxiousness. "Lord Galifrey, the closest temple to Torm that I'm aware of lies in Waterdeep or Sundabar. They're not terribly distant for one prepared to make the journey, but even on horse you probably wouldn't arrive in less than four or five days." She paused and smiled at him, taking in the picture of his armor and sword and the calm that he always seemed to exude. "Your faith must be very strong," she remarked with a tone of admiration. "I'd like to thank you again, M'Lord, for your help at the temple. I don't think we would have survived without your aid." The one-eyed priestess turned her thoughts back to the fireplace and finished off her wine. Then with a soft-spoken "Good night", she left Kurai to his own thoughts and found a room that would suffice until Lady Arienne woke them the next morning. As she sank down in the plush feather bed, Siannodell prayed to Mielikki that she would somehow find the answers she sought the next morning. "And let us all find peace soon, Great Mother," she whispered as she drifted off to sleep.


    usertype:1 tt= 0

    --------------------------------------------------------------

    "Not all those who wander are lost..." ~ Tolkien

    <<Previous ThreadNext Thread>>
    Page 1 / 9    
    New Topic New Poll
    Make a donation Click here. Your support will help us remove ads and upload local images, etc.

    Sign Up | Create | About Us | SiteMap | Features | Forums | Show Off | Faq | Help
    Copyright © 2000-2014 Aimoo Free Forum All rights reserved.